ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
plantar fasciitis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Health, Training, First Aid Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
overrocked

PostPosted: 5/28/2003, 11:23 am    Post subject: plantar fasciitis Reply to topic Reply with quote

Finally kicked this problem's AXX. I went to foot doctor and got a cortisone shot which didn't do diddly, except hurt like hell goin in. Couldn't do a orthotic until it felt better for a gait anaylsis. so in the meantime, I tried out spenco, superfeet, and other non-brand name insoles. They helped, but did not solve the problem. So I tried Pro-Tec Athletics which sells all kinds of knee, ankle, arm, and foot stuff. So for $15 I thought I'd try this velcro foot wrap specifically for plantar fascitis. And it works! After two weeks of wearing it, I can now leave it off except for when I go hiking. It has a pad exactly where it is needed and a velcro attachment to keep it on. So instead of the $150 dollar fix, my $15 dollar gadget paid off. I'm a happy hiker again. Very Happy Amazed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Health, Training, First Aid All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: