ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Saturday the 11th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
Kristyn
PostPosted: 1/7/2003, 8:37 pm    Post subject: Saturday the 11th Reply with quote

Any hikes going on this weekend? I was thinking of an all day hike but am open to anything...

Jaimi, got any long loops in mind???? Very Happy

Kristyn

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have no idea, might want to ask Jaimi. She is the mapholder and loop builder. Very Happy We are planning to make it an all day event I believe.
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Lower Barks Canyon shouldnt be too difficult. What Im thinking, is east on the Dutchmans from the Peralta T/H, then up (north) thru Lower Barks Canyon to the Bluff Springs trail past Williams Camp which is kinda cool to take about 15-20min and check it out. Then east to Bluff Springs. Then heading in a south easterly direction up to Miners Saddle, and I would really like to attempt a trip out to Miners Needle. I have been up to the saddle three times now, but never out to the needle itself. Eventually down into Barclay Basin returning west on the Dutchmans trail to Peralta... roughly around 9.5 miles, I think. Thats what I am thinking for Saturday morning.

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Upper Barks is where the fun is. Confused Wink Crazy Beam me up
We have to throw in some adventure. Only kiddin!!
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Oh man, heat... I gotta find out what brand of aftershave you use or somethin! How do you rate gettin' to hit the trail surrounded by women? Man, I read the thing about purple and lace on the old site and I thought, "Whoa...Hooli's gotta find out his secret!"
But I don't want anyone getting the idea Hooli's a dirty old man......I'm not old! Rolling Eyes
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Kristyn

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Too funny!!!
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Kristyn wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Too funny!!!

No t'aint Crying or Very sad
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Man, I read the thing about purple and lace on the old site and I thought, "Whoa...Hooli's gotta find out his secret!"

Hooli, you are always more than welcome to join us and learn the secrets!! We have a lot of fun, and we have all become really good friends. The more the merrier... one can never have too many friends!! Just let us know...

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
Kristyn

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
No t'aint Crying or Very sad

You are too much Hooli!!! Laughing

Quote:
Hooli, you are always more than welcome to join us and learn the secrets!! We have a lot of fun, and we have all become really good friends. The more the merrier... one can never have too many friends!! Just let us know...

Always welcome!!!

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Jaimi, Kristyn, I just returned home from work. Running a slight fever. Sad Think I'll have to back out of this one. I have a run next weekend, I don't want to jeopardize it. Should probably take it easy. Question If you could pm me with details, time, place to meet, I will be there before designated time if I am going to make it. Who knows, with alot of prayer I'll be fine tomorrow. Thanks.
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hooli I don't have any secrets it just turned out to be pure luck that all us crazies ended up together. I must say I feel very fortunate to have met such great people that are so compatiable, and like the unconventional hiking we like to do.
Jaimi, Cactuscat and I survived our 16 mile stroll today, see you in the AM at 6:30, right Question
Kristyn you better show up or we are going to come and drag u out of your house and force you to go at cholla point. Laughing
Cindy, hope the echinacea gods cure you and you can make it, be forwarned we are all insane. Crazy
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok Hooli so I lied. The truth is we all met while we were patients at the State Mental Hospital, at 24th and Van Buren. I was the ring leader that planned our escape. Crazy Beam me up
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Arizonaheat wrote:
Ok Hooli so I lied. The truth is we all met while we were patients at the State Mental Hospital, at 24th and Van Buren. I was the ring leader that planned our escape. Crazy Beam me up

Yeah, but I was the one w/ the maps and trail descriptions!! Laughing I'm still trying to figure out how to turn this into a LOOP... after all, you know me!! Crazy

Kristyn

PostPosted: 1/10/2003, 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Arizonaheat wrote:
Kristyn you better show up or we are going to come and drag u out of your house and force you to go at cholla point. Laughing

You can bet I will be there, bright and early. HMMM maybe I need you to bribe me a little.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 1/11/2003, 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hope you all had a wonderful time. Spending my day with tea and movies. Sad Let us know how it went.
cactuscat

PostPosted: 1/11/2003, 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It was definately a wonderful time! Lower Bark's is one awesome place, and there's NOBODY there - even on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. rofl I'm sure you'll be able to read alot more about in the Trip Log soon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: