ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Mt Humphrey's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
Kristyn
PostPosted: 5/1/2003, 8:24 pm    Post subject: Mt Humphrey's Reply with quote

Hey all, with last years cancellation I am dying to get up this mountain. So when is a good time? June?

evenstar

PostPosted: 6/16/2003, 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, I checked out 151 yesterday. I'll go in there Wednesday and move to the Humphrey's TH parking lot Friday. Folks can look for a 24' Winnebago Chalet with a burgandy colored Jeep attached to it or parked next to it. And no, paintninaz, I ain't painted it pink and it ain't cute! (Tho' Hooli is. Cute, that is, not painted pink! And yeah Valet2, you do have to qualify everything you post here 'cause they're all out to get ya! Twisted Evil ) I'll have the dogs in the MH, so I'm afraid I'm gonna have to limit folks coming in; these guys get out and they'll go hunting and be hell to catch! If ya want coffee, bring a cup; it'll be instant and I'll have to run the generator to heat the water if folks can stand the noise. Crazy
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
paintninaz

PostPosted: 6/16/2003, 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
Folks can look for a 24' Winnebago Chalet with a burgandy colored Jeep attached to it or parked next to it. And no, paintninaz, I ain't painted it pink and it ain't cute!

How about the Winnebago, I bet it's cute! Is IT pink? rofl

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
evenstar

PostPosted: 6/16/2003, 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:

How about the Winnebago, I bet it's cute! Is IT pink? rofl

Right now, it's dirty Rolling Eyes And I gotta get it outta storage and get it cleaned up. Sure could use some help with the cleaning and understand you've had recent experience at cleaning Razz Don't suppose you're interested in volunteering Rolling Eyes
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
paintninaz

PostPosted: 6/16/2003, 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
Don't suppose you're interested in volunteering Rolling Eyes

Volunteering? No

...but I did hear reports of a certain individual (who shall remain unnamed) having a REI gift certificate burning a hole in his pocket...if he'd like to share his shopping trip.... Agree

Clown

evenstar

PostPosted: 6/16/2003, 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:

Clown

Very fitting Razz
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 6/16/2003, 12:00 pm    Post subject: camping and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

Don't forget Head Cat Herder too. That FR 151 sounds like the place for the AZH gathering for Friday night. Hopefully I'll have the camper on the goat hauler by then.

So how about it folks? Camping on FR 151?
Maybe Hooli could go up and park a few goats to save us some spaces?
We hike up the mountain early Saturday, head back for more camping Saturday evening? Head back to town Sunday>

Glad to hear SandeJ is going too. Who else?

Get in here,
GTG
CatValet
Got Gear?

PostPosted: 6/16/2003, 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

We are definately in. Our plan is to head up to the Hart Prairie Road on Friday, with an expected arrival around 6:30-7 pm. Cell# is 480-860-2774. White Honda Passport 4x4 w/ AZH rear plate holder.

Best camp spots on FS 151 are both before and after the large prairie clearing which is about 3 miles in. BTW, we recommend sunscreen, the sun is real intense at 12k (DAMHIKT).

DPS is running radar at the usual places: just before SR 69 turnoff to Prescott, at the bottom of the downgrade into Camp Verde, and behind trees in the median near the Orme/Dugas turnoff. angel

Check out KTAR 620 on the way out of town for traffic reports, last Saturday am there was a backup from Anthem back to the 101 from a rollover. If you get in one of these, you can exit on Carefree Highway and go east to 7th Street. Turn north here, and it will take you to New River Road and I-17 at New River. Don't stop at the Shangri-La Nudist Camp along this route, Hoolie hangs out there Eek
evenstar

PostPosted: 6/16/2003, 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OK, I'll find a good spot on FR 151 and you all can look for the motorhome there Friday night. I'll wait 'til Saturday a.m. to move it to Humphrey's.
Canyon Dweller

PostPosted: 6/16/2003, 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hello all, here is the Humphreys Peak report i said i'd give you- I just went up this Saturday. The trail is nearly ice free. Very Happy There was only 2 small spots of ice. The weather was very nice as well. You all will have a wonderful trip heading up the mountain.

Something to take note on, very important! Crazy
After you have made it into Flagstaff DO NOT take Humphreys street to get to Fort Valley Rd (hwy 180) There is road construction and it is closed off. Instead take San Francisco north to Forest Ave. Then take a left on Forest, head down the hill and take a right on Fort Valley Rd (Hwy 180). I hope you all have a nice trip, I wish I could be there to do it with yall.

One more thing. If your going to go out and eat someplace, I would suggest Burrito Fiestas. It's in the Bookman/Hastings shopping center right next to Bookmans on Milton Ave. It's very inexpensive and very good. I would recommend anything chicken. They marinate it in a really good sauce. They do not have anything vegitarian for any of you vagitarians tho. Sad

"Meaningless! Meaningless," says the teacher, "Utterly Meaningless, Everything is meaningless."-Ecclesiastes 1:2
sam_hikes

PostPosted: 6/16/2003, 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll probably meet you all at the snowbowl trailhead on Sat a.m.

Next item... WHAT TIME?
Canyon Dweller

PostPosted: 6/16/2003, 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just realized that if there is anybody that plans to come up on Saturday and return to Phoenix on Saturday night, then i would like to hitch a ride with you. I live in north phoenix on th ecorner of 7st. and Bell. If anybody is willing to pick me up let me know. I'll even be willing to help out on gas.

"Meaningless! Meaningless," says the teacher, "Utterly Meaningless, Everything is meaningless."-Ecclesiastes 1:2
evenstar

PostPosted: 6/16/2003, 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

For those camping Fiday & Saturday nights: I have a portable gas grill if ya wanna bring burgers, franks or steaks and a fridge in the motor home to keep things cold. Of course if you store steaks in the fridge I can't guaranty that Strider and Dew can't open the fridge door!
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 6/16/2003, 3:48 pm    Post subject: cooking and times Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll have a grill and some type of libations as well. How about we round all of us up in the Snow Bowl parking lot at 8:00 AM Saturday morning?
I'll bring some FRS radios set at channel 1, code 6 for keeping up with folks if necessary.

GTG
evenstar

PostPosted: 6/16/2003, 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, and I'll have my FSR radio set on 1-6 Friday evening so as you drive up SR 151 you can squawk me to help locate whaere we're camped.
paintninaz

PostPosted: 6/16/2003, 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
Yeah, and I'll have my FSR radio set on 1-6 Friday evening so as you drive up SR 151 you can squawk me to help locate whaere we're camped.

It'll give him time to make sure he's got his boots on the right feet this time! Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: