ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Mt Humphrey's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
Kristyn
PostPosted: 5/1/2003, 8:24 pm    Post subject: Mt Humphrey's Reply with quote

Hey all, with last years cancellation I am dying to get up this mountain. So when is a good time? June?

Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 6/11/2003, 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Congrats Krystin.

Not sure if I'll be able to make it this time. I just drove past all that and there is still quite a bit of snow on it.

I would have to drive up Saturday morning and then leave that afternoon though if I did go.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
evenstar

PostPosted: 6/11/2003, 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Congratulations to you and your husband, Krystin. Think you'll find parenthood very rewarding......like I just got a $75 REI gift certificate from my kid and son-in-law! WOOHOO Crazy
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
CatValet
Got Gear?

PostPosted: 6/11/2003, 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

BUT, can you still remember their names????? (I'm thinking, I'm thinking....) Rolling
plummer150

PostPosted: 6/12/2003, 12:54 pm    Post subject: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My dates are in for Mt. Humphreys in January. The 5th. Anyone can come, just be prepared for the hike from hell! Twisted Evil
sam_hikes

PostPosted: 6/12/2003, 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

plummer150 wrote:
My dates are in for Mt. Humphreys in January. The 5th. Anyone can come, just be prepared for the hike from hell! Twisted Evil

I know of people that summit Humphreys all winter long using snowshoes.

My only winter experience was with 3 feet of snow near the top and b/4 the ski area opened. (used only in-steps for traction and temps were pretty warm at around 32 degrees)

In Jan are you planning on post hole'n it or snowshoe'n Humphreys?
cactuscat

PostPosted: 6/12/2003, 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow, congratulations, Kristyn ... bringing another little hiker into the world! We'll miss you on the trip, though.
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 6/12/2003, 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Congratulations Kristyn!
evenstar

PostPosted: 6/15/2003, 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Drove up and checked out possible sites for the motorhome; FR-151 just three miles past the Snowbowl Rd. looks good. Will probably drive up Thursday and get in some hikes at altitude that afternoon and Friday. Want to move the MH to the Humphrey's TH parking lot Saturday afternoon.
Does anyone know of restrictions to parking there overnight?
If folks don't mind the noise of the generator for a few minutes, I can have hot coffee available Sunday a.m.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
CatValet
Got Gear?

PostPosted: 6/15/2003, 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OK: We have a question on next weekend....Are people talking about hiking the trail on Saturday or Sunday? Up until Hoolie's above post, we were assuming that people were planning on hiking on Saturday, with some staying over in the area until Sunday, and some heading up on Friday PM or before that even to acclimate.

Sooo, is the hike envisioned for Saturday or Sunday, or are there now two groups, one on each day? Chin Scratching

BTW, We took the chair lift up today to reconoiter, after spending Saturday in the Inner Basin. Some snow on the ridgeline above 11,500 but most of the trail appears clear...
evenstar

PostPosted: 6/15/2003, 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I thought it was Sunday, giving folk that have to work Friday a chance to get acclimated over Friday night and Saturday. I'm OK for either day; if it's Saturday, I may go up Wednesday and move up to the MT. H parking lot Friday. What's the consensus?
Sande J
Calamity J

PostPosted: 6/15/2003, 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey dudes, you got another taker here....I was also questioning whether the hike was on Saturday or Sunday (?)...either way, you can most likely count me in ...I would like to know where everyone is going to rendezvous at....Hooli's RV?
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 6/16/2003, 5:33 am    Post subject: big hike and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

How about we rendezvous at Hooli's RV at 7:00 - 8:00 AM in the Snow Bowl parking lot on Saturday? My intent was to go to Flagstaff Friday night, camp, hike Saturday and return to Phoenix on Sunday.

How does that sound?
Anyone need a ride?

GTG
Valet2
Peppermint Patty

PostPosted: 6/16/2003, 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey Todd that sounds good. Where will you camp Friday night in case we can make it then. We are hoping to come up then in order to acclimate. Our new (used) truck went from very good to great now that CV made major improvements on it. This last weekend up there was great and I have a red nose to prove it.... from the sun not the Tequila! We got real high... on Mt. H from the ski lift... geez, I have to qualify everything I say with you guys .. Rolling Eyes CatValet will jump in soon... he's our program director around here but I think that plan is sounding good. We'll need Sunday to lick our wounds and oil the joints just so we can drive back and collapse!
Valet2
Peppermint Patty

PostPosted: 6/16/2003, 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah.... Sande J is coming, too Multi It'll be good to see you again, Sande... well, at least for the two minutes while you blow past us! There's always the evening... you coming all the way up from Tucson on Friday?
CatValet
Got Gear?

PostPosted: 6/16/2003, 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

FS 151 Hart Prairie Road. Three miles past the Snow Bowl Road on Sr 180. Turn Right, there are any number of nice camping spots along this route. Its a good idea not to take the first one just off the highway, due to the road noise, and it's also nice to pull far enough off 151 to avoid dust from the folks heading to the Nature Conservancy place up the road. - Head cat brusher and program director (gee does that mean I hafta run the cat aerobics too?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: