ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Has everyone seen this site?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gypsy

PostPosted: 4/25/2003, 9:37 pm    Post subject: Has everyone seen this site? Reply to topic Reply with quote

I might well be late to the party but this site is worth a look. I found it today while I was wandering around the internet.

http://photo.itc.nps.gov/storage/images/index.html
srlatty

PostPosted: 4/25/2003, 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Gypsy, I had not seen this site. Thanks.

I could not help but notice your location. Let me be the first to thank you for the great job you are doing over there!

Come home safe!
J&S

PostPosted: 4/26/2003, 10:57 am    Post subject: cool Reply to topic Reply with quote

nice site and thanks for calling it to our attention. The drop down menu has a glitch in it from our end but the alternate HTML index works really well. There were only a few pictures of Montezuma Castle but none of Montezuma Well that I could find. Hopefully, this image archive will expand and become more diversified in the years ahead. It's definitely bookmarked for posterity--that means we copy the URL to a floppy of special URL's that we carry when we are traveling. Thanks again!

j
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 4/26/2003, 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Great site, thanks Gypsy!

The dropdown is coded to navigate to the selected park using the "onclick" action. That means if a park is already selected (which is the case when you use the back arrow to return to it), simply dropping the list down will cause the navigation, because you're clicking on the dropdown. It should be doing so "onchange", meaning when you select a different value from the list. Or, better yet, not at all since they have a button next to it for that purpose. To get around this annoying Rolling Eyes little problem, you can reset the form by pressing the "Ctrl" and "F5" keys at the same time. That will return the dropdowns to their default values.
J&S

PostPosted: 4/27/2003, 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks, Mike, nice knowing a new trick. We just kinda figured the whole deal was just another NPS deal--something "they" understand but remains a mystery to the "rest of us." That nice little trick you mention is so symbolic of dealing with the NPS. In many cases, you really have to know a "trick" or two in dealing with their convoluted, mostly inscrutable bureaucracy. This website is no exception! It's an NPS Tradition!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: