ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Christopher Creek/Box Canyon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgAz

PostPosted: 4/7/2003, 11:47 pm    Post subject: Christopher Creek/Box Canyon Reply to topic Reply with quote

From Payson 87 , go east on 260 19 miles(mp271.3)+turn r. into clearing.From trailhead,go southeast and pick up trail leading down canyon to the creek. This is a stunning,deep chisled canyon, with cascading falls and at least seven deep pools that could be seen from the cliffs.It is very steep, so be CAREFUL on the edges.There are many outcroppings and great rocks where you can just sit and enjoy the awesome sounds of the waterfalls. It was just what I needed and a pleasant surprise.There was no one else in sight.This is a perfect place to just go and unwind and lose yourself. Not a hard hike, just a completely gorgeous canyon and wondrous (and COLD) water! Cool
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 4/8/2003, 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That is, until summer. That spot is quite overloaded with pool-jumpers once the weather warms up a little. Quite a popular swimming spot.

I've been there a bunch and it is quite beautiful. If you continue along the trail that crosses over the creek you ascend the hill (no idea what the name is) and along a ridge to get some fantastic views from up top. Nice trail as well.

I've often wanted to go there when there was snow on the ground to see the ice on the rocks where the creek runs by.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
GeorgAz

PostPosted: 4/8/2003, 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think somone on HAZ has photos posted of the gorge in snow. I'm sure it's crowded in summer,but it's great now. That is some COLD water,though! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: