ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
FS - New (with tags attached) Mountainsmith Cypher >SOLD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Classifieds Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 11/17/2005, 12:56 pm    Post subject: FS - New (with tags attached) Mountainsmith Cypher >SOLD Reply to topic Reply with quote

Part of the new Mountainlight series of sleeping bags by Mountainsmith: the lightest, warmest, toughest bags in their class. Crafted with a unique Dimension Polyant Airnet shell for ultra light performance and filled with 750+ goose down.

Construction Specs:

Differential cut: Interior space is three dimensionally contoured for optimal fit with exterior cut varying according to temperature rating.

Variable Fill: 60% of total fill is placed in the top shell, with high percentages placed in head, torso, foot box and draft tube areas to optimize insulating efficiency.

No Snag Zipper: Non woven material is laminated to interior fabric to eliminate snagging of slider in material next to zipper tape.

Straight box baffles: Optimizes fabric use based on lightweight criteria, baffles use stretch tricot fabric for durability.

Canted foot box: Angled geometry following anatomical forms is used to create appropriate sized and shaped foot box.

Features: 0 Degree F temperature rating

Side block baffle construction: Full draft tube with 2 sided neck collar

Full length zipper: Single external hanging loop

Weight: Long – only 2lbs 13oz, Long fits to 6ft 6in; Shoulder Girth: 63 inches - Foot Box Girth: 40 inches - Foot Panel: 12 X 10.5 inches

(added in edit) Included is the Mountainsmith Cotton storage bag and Mountainsmith sil-nylon, water-proof (to a degree) 8" x 16" stuff sack.

Asking 225.00

"I wonder what ole' Ben would've thought of the TSA and photo-radar?" -- cynhikr
chihiggs

PostPosted: 11/17/2005, 12:59 pm    Post subject: sleeping bag Reply to topic Reply with quote

Kurt--can you give me an idea of the dimensions packed?
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 11/17/2005, 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Higgs,
It comes with the Factory Supplied cotton storage bag & sil-nylon stuff sack.
The supplied sil-nylon stuff sack is 8" x 16", but if you used a compression sack (like the 3 oz. one below) when backpacking, you could likely get it to 8" x 10" (+/-).

This Mountainsmith bag is a little too nice for YOU, though...

"I wonder what ole' Ben would've thought of the TSA and photo-radar?" -- cynhikr
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 11/17/2005, 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Higgs I have the Mountainsmith Vision, which is a 15 degree bag, I love it!, yeah that one should be able to stuff down to 8''x10''. 2lbs 13oz for a zero degree bag is pretty awesome, mine weighs 2lb 2oz for the long.
IGO

PostPosted: 11/26/2005, 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Why dun the Mountainsmith website have any sleeping bags on it? Hmmmm....
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 11/26/2005, 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

They quit making sleeping bags, I love mine though! mountainsmith vision 15 degree.
IGO

PostPosted: 11/26/2005, 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is about to make me crazy. I need a new winter bag but I just can't make up my mind.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/26/2005, 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Have ya gone into an REI or simmilar store and just tried out a bunch of them? That is the best way to know what you want. You can't decide just bu looking at pictures on the internet. Try out different bags with different features and then look for a bag with said features on the internet to save money if you can't find one at the store for a decent price....

I want to shine!
IGO

PostPosted: 11/26/2005, 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Boy have I ever. I'm fairly educated about bp equipment too but I have nothing to gauge from for sleeping bags. My old one was rated at +5 (just got an email from the manufacturer) but it has about 2 1/2 inches loft both sides together now. LOL. It never was a warm bag. I've been at REI with 6 bags on the floor. I've had people gather around to listen to me and the salespersons conversations 'cause they wouldn't dare take up that much of his/her time let alone floor space. Laughing
See, I'm fixing to do something else I've never done too. I'm looking at internal frame packs and I've never had one on my back before. With my externals, I never cared how much compression my bag had as the bag always went on the outside as long as it wasn't a brick. Now it looks like about $60 per inch of compresion for cramming into an internal for something I'll use 4 days a year. I have several other bags, 2 season and summer. The most important part, I've just revamped my layering system and have no idea how these new tec clothes will compliment the bag as I try to keep weight down by wearing most of what I carry on the coldest nights to keep from having such a massive bag and to justify all those clothes.
Oh well, I'll figure it out soon. I think I just look for excuses to visit REI twice a week. Laughing
Um killin' me here again. HAhahha
IGO

PostPosted: 11/26/2005, 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ya know what?! I think I'm just trying to skirt around the fact that I'm simply in for a $300+ sleeping bag. Shocked
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/26/2005, 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, it sucks but its probably true! If ya want good stuff ya have to pay a hefty price! One reason why I got the REI bag cause it is a good bag but not as expensive as the others....

I want to shine!
IGO

PostPosted: 11/26/2005, 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm looking at an REI bag as well. I think it's called the Nooksac. +10 and less than 3 pounds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: