ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Fall Photography Classes Nov. 26 and 27 at the Arboretum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sande J
Calamity J

PostPosted: 11/13/2005, 5:37 pm    Post subject: Fall Photography Classes Nov. 26 and 27 at the Arboretum Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have been a volunteer worker at the Boyce Thompson Arboretum since this summer, so hope ya'll dont' mind if I post some info. It has been a great way for me to give back to the land that has given so much to me.
For the price of admission ($7.50) there will be 2 professional photographers holding classes at 1 p.m. on Sat Nov. 26 and Sun Nov. 27. It focuses on fall foilage and these types of workshops can normally run around $100, so obviously an economical way to sharpen those skills.
All the info is here at the website, go to BTA events for the specifics. Registration is required. I heard that both these guys are really good.

http://arboretum.ag.arizona.edu/events.html

I highly recommend the Edible & Medicinal Desert Plants interpretive as well. I have been gaining quite abit of inside knowledge in this area myself, and am going to be incorporating more and more into my hiking and backpacking. Always tryin' to lighten that load...LOL... Laughing
This class is also offered as part of the 2006 Arizona Lecture Series at Apache Junction High School on Feb. 13, 2006. The teacher, David Morris is awesome.
There are alot of great people and volunteers that put forth alot of effort to keep places like the BTA special...as well as all of our state parks..
The parks may not always appeal to alot of backcountry people, but they serve a purpose. As I watch the land around here being swallowed up by houses and 'progress'..it has made me appreciate these areas of preservation all the more. Thanks!
SJ Wink
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/13/2005, 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks SJ...

It certainly looks like it is worth looking into this and since it's in my backyard, I think I'll do just that!

Thanks for sharing the info

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Nay_Nay

PostPosted: 11/14/2005, 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thank you! Very Happy I will definitely try to make this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: