ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Winter Jacket
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 1/31/2007, 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Lizard wrote:
IGO wrote:
I know I'm a serious hold out but I've been wet in winter and I still can't make myself a down convert. Not even in the desert. I'm really trying tho.
Have you seen the Gossimer? I bought the Jacket. It's pretty amazing.

Are you talking about the REI Gossamer jacket?

It was recently on sale for half price (~$70), but looking at REI's website, it appears to have been discontinued. I bought one at the sale price and it is an excellent bit of kit.

Nope they still have it on the site, only size large, $74.93, reg $149, still looks like a good deal. I'm sure it's similar in performance to the montbell jjackets I picked up.

REI Jacket Link
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 11/4/2007, 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I got his from over on 14ers.com Jacket

If you need a good winter jacket, L.L. Bean has a Mountain Hardwear Down Jacket for $99, they only have it in the Red color and only size Large. The jacket advertised is a 650 fill down jacket, but they have been shipping the more expensive 800 fill jacket that is normally $230, even that regulard 650 fill jacket is $150 normally so either way it's a sale.

They are sending the Mountain Hardwear Phantom Jacket which is a great warm lightweight jacket. Weighs only 16oz. I believe they are sending LAST YEARS MODEL but the best price I can find anywhere on it is $184.

It may be worth checking out, not sure why they are sending the better jacket out, maybe a few people got lucky over on 14ers, but it's a heck of a jacket for $100. Worst case send it back if you don't like it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: