ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Hike this Sunday, March 29th - Trail 100

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 3/27/2003, 7:28 pm    Post subject: Hike this Sunday, March 29th - Trail 100 Reply to topic Reply with quote

We'll be hiking the Charles M. Christiansen Trail (Trail 100) this Sunday. We're getting a late start (12:00 PM) due to church and such. We'll be starting at the Shaw Butte trailhead on 7th street just south of Thunderbird and hikning to the trailhead on Tatum blvd. It's a shuttle hike of 9 miles. Let me know if you want to go so we can setup vehicles.
We'll probably go somewhere to eat afterwards if you're interested.

It's a really great hike, going through old mining areas, under major roadways and offering great views of the entire city. It is a wilderness jaunt through the middle of town.

Hope to see a few of you there.

Thanks,
GTG
GTG

PostPosted: 3/29/2003, 7:24 am    Post subject: hike and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

30 looky-loos and not a taker yet? This really is a great hike. We walk under 7th street, Cave Creek road and the Squaw peak freeway. When was the last time you did that? There's awesome views of every mountain range in town and around. We'll get great views of beautiful downtown Phoenix, wonderful Sunnyslope (once a TB colony), awesome shots of Paradise Valley and lovely Scottsdale too. There's also old mine digs, an old girlfriend's house, the sheriff's posse corrall, the Point and so much more.

Get in here.

GTG
evenstar

PostPosted: 3/29/2003, 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: hike and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

GTG wrote:
an old girlfriend's house
GTG

Uh......Does she carry Question Eek
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
cakewalk

PostPosted: 3/29/2003, 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think saturday might be a better day for this.... I would have signed up
Patches

PostPosted: 4/1/2003, 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Just wanted to Thank Todd and all of the people who hiked on Sunday = I had a lot of fun and so did Bonnie - can't wait for the next hike! Annie (Patches)
evenstar

PostPosted: 4/2/2003, 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Did GTG take his goat? or did he just smell like it! Twisted Evil
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
GTG

PostPosted: 4/2/2003, 11:15 pm    Post subject: no goats Reply to topic Reply with quote

I had a great time on this hike. Patches, Bonnie and Mike all out hiked me by far though. It was a beautiful day with some great friends.
There were 8 of us total - Mike, Patches, Bonnie, corkybugs, azhiker96, messami, TommyB and myself. I think those that hadn't been on this hike before were surprised to say the least. An excellent set of wilderness right through town. We need to thank those mountain preserve planners to have the mind to put that land away for us to continue to resist developing it.

GTG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: