ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
White Tank Wanderings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desertboots
Applecart Overturner

PostPosted: 3/25/2003, 11:20 am    Post subject: White Tank Wanderings Reply to topic Reply with quote

Saturday, Mar 22, I went a' rambling around in the White Tanks. My favorite trail has gotten even better as they have re-routed and made the tail end (or begining) of the Ford Canyon trial kinder and gentler. I don't know what to call half the trails any more since they all connect and you can start in on one and end up on a completely different trail.
I started out on what is called Goat Camp (the "end") at the parking lot at Ramada Way. This is just past the Waterfall trail parking area. I climbed up to Mesquite Springs then decided to go to Ford Canyon Train via the 1.5 mile route, according to the sign at the junction.
Whew! It was a brisk climb to the top of the world. They haven't made this part of the trail kinder and gentler. When I got to the top I stopped and spoke to some military folks who were just out climbing around to stay in shape. They told me I had come up the hard way. No kidding!
I descended to Willow Springs and looked over the top of that cataract where the spring is and a sometimes waterfall. It was awesome. There were some teenage boys down thre stripping and dipping in the pool. They didn't know I was there! Thankfully they only got down to their undershorts.
I followed the trail back to Mesquite Springs and came back out the way I went in.
There are so many route choices in the White Tanks now, it's no longer a simple there and back again adventure!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: