ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
"Living with Mountain Lions"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Flora & Fauna Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgAz

PostPosted: 9/13/2005, 7:49 am    Post subject: "Living with Mountain Lions" Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mountain Lion presentation tonight at the Phoenix Zoo, Galvin Parkway, 7 pm. Kevin Hansen, wildlife biologist and author of "Cougar:The American Lion", will give an informative presentation on mountain lions and the Fish and Game Department plans relative to mountain lion awareness. Anyone interested contact Sandy Bahr 602 253-8633 or sandy.bahr@sierraclub.org ( FYI, Kevin Hansen has worked throughout the US,studying feral burros in Death Valley,birds of prey in Oregon;also Amazon River dolphins in Peru,alligators and the endangered Florida Panther.)
Dirt Dog

PostPosted: 9/13/2005, 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I’ve heard from a friend, that living with them is hard; they are real picky about furniture and moody about which side of the bed you sleep on; if they get a little hungry they’ll scratch ya, and try chewing on your leg, or worse. The neighbors get mad when their dog is too afraid to go out the doggy door anymore. Then if you don’t treat them “special” SPCA makes your life HelI and the next thing you know you’re in sensitivity classes. No one understands, your family thinks you’re a perv and deny they know you. When you go to work, everyone will talk behind your back, giggle and point their fingers. Um, that’s what my friend says anyway.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 9/13/2005, 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Chuckle

I want to shine!
GeorgAz

PostPosted: 9/13/2005, 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Careful there, Dirt Dog! I'll send Simba over there! He's a 20# Siamese who thinks he's a Cougar! He's launched on a leg or two occasionally! Laughing
Dirt Dog

PostPosted: 9/13/2005, 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks, but I know how Siamese like to play, and a 20 pounder called Simba would not be fun at all! Except for Simba
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Flora & Fauna All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: