ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Tyvek for groundsheets for sale
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Classifieds Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
azbackpackr
Hi Tech Wizardess

PostPosted: 5/4/2007, 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you can't sew it, can't you use the old trick of finding a small pebble and placing it on the plastic where you want the tie-out to go, then wrapping the parachute cord around the pebble and plastic? They used to actually make these ball and loop dealies to do that with so you wouldn't have to improvise with a pebble. Anyone remember that one? (See 1st Edition of Colin Fletcher's The Complete Walker for illustration.)
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 5/4/2007, 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, I had somewhat good luck with folding the corners and sandwiching sealant between the two layers before installing the grommets.

I ended up tapping a little too hard on a couple of the grommets to install them and cut the Tyvek a bit, but it has held up for about a half dozen trips now. I ran a few feet of triptease through each eyelet.
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 5/4/2007, 5:13 pm    Post subject: Tyvek Grabbers Reply to topic Reply with quote

These work real well too, just not as cheap as rocks -
http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=39165755&memberId=12500226

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=12208&memberId=12500226

GTG
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 5/5/2007, 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey Todd,
I may want to get a bit more from you, cut the others to fit my tent, but not quite sure just yet or how much. I'll check with you when I'm ready and see if you still have any left. And I think I have some of those tarp holders in my camping chest...hmmm gonna have to check. They just look familiar and sometimes I buy things thinking maybe I could use that, not really having a need for them at the time.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
paintninaz

PostPosted: 5/5/2007, 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

wanderingsoul wrote:
sometimes I buy things thinking maybe I could use that, not really having a need for them at the time.

Michelle, you may want to check with Tom and Tim on this, but I think this sounds vaguely like the beginnings of a....gear addiction! Eek

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 5/5/2007, 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Michelle, I think Tracy is right....gear addiction for sure.... Tom says there is a twelve step program though so if you get started early maybe you can beat this thing!

I want to shine!
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 5/5/2007, 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Gear Addiction???? ME!!!! Shocked OH my what next! There are a few things I've seen you all with, that I think I Do Need.... trying to slowly pace myself and determine just what I really do need and which are niceies to have. Hmmm

But just a little secret, Don't tell anybody OK? I've always have done that, sometimes getting things I see, thinking I could use it somewhere somehow and stash it. Sometimes it comes in handy sometimes I just have junk that I have to weed through and say I'll never use that, why in the world did I buy that! So far I have kinda sorta kept up with the weeding out process, but could do better.

12-Step Program...think I should start now before I get myself too far in? Laughing

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: