ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
kitties

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Flora & Fauna Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 7/20/2005, 8:52 pm    Post subject: kitties Reply to topic Reply with quote

Our back yard is being guarded. First by javalina, then coyote, then mule deer and now this guy. We watch our little dogs very carefully!
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 7/20/2005, 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

We have one that shows up behind the fire station loafing on the golf course green. Not 20 feet away are about a dozens rabbit peacfully grazing. When I ride my bicycle in the early morning I have observed them in your neighborhood sitting on a fence or a bench.. Impressive animal short leg base and tall.
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 7/20/2005, 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nice photo, to think you were worried about the animals in the wilderness, just gotta watch out for your backyard when your not expecting it.

PostPosted: 7/21/2005, 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

On Mountainbrook Drive there are a few benches (rest stops for us old guys) and these cats actually sit on the benches and watch cars go by. This morning feels like Florida here and we had the parade of the javalina through the back common area--10 of them in single file. They all look very healthy. You are right. The cats many times run along the stucco fences. Our new neighbors have two house cats-always kept inside- and these big boys know that. Last week somehow a bull snake about 4 feet long got into the back yard, maybe under a gate. My little dogs went berzerk and the snake curled around a tree while the dogs circled barking and diving toward it--but kept at least 3 feet away. They sense the danger. Amazing. I got the dogs in the house and went to remove the snake. I prodded him to go under the gate and I am certain he needed lots of psychiatric care after that episode. He even looked scared while the dogs were circling and darting.
Even the coyotes out here are not afraid of people. They walk by and stop and look. We have invaded their territory and my only concern is that they might all band together and invade. Fortunately they do not yet know how to make bombs.
Andy

PostPosted: 7/21/2005, 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That's a dangerous looking cat you have there Roger! But these are the one's you have to look out for!

Wink

http://community.webshots.com/album/136917818udlQWZ

PostPosted: 7/21/2005, 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Can you imagine trying to sit down on..........................never mind.
Dirt Dog

PostPosted: 7/21/2005, 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The thoughts going through my mind with that. Shocked
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 7/22/2005, 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Most mornings I ride up and down Mtn. Brook Drive in Gold Canyon and sometimes a bocat will be sitting on the bench. Little slow one morning and as I rode by, one got up and yawned.

PostPosted: 7/23/2005, 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Are you the bike rider with helmet and no shirt, going fairly fast with a beard? if so you probably know me with the two little min pins. I see you go by quite early. This morning we saw about 67 million rabbits and 3 deer standing in the middle of the road watching me and the dogs. Yes, I have seen the bobcats on the benches as if they think the benches are for them.
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 7/23/2005, 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No that guy is a Mtn. Brook resident. I am the guy in either the blue or red bike and outfit. I also ride quite fast so it is a little hard to get a description of me. Rode 70 miles this morning around Gold Canyon. Observed some deer, javelina and a coyote this morning. Finished in time to watch Lance win the Time Trail, stage and Tour.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Flora & Fauna All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: