ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Supes are on fire
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Wildfires & Other Natural Disasters Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 6/30/2005, 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

At 10 AM today-Thursday-I drove up Goldfield road and out the Apache trail to milepost 204 (Needle Vista), then came back and went almost to Florence Junction on 60 and back home.

Happy to report there are NO fires in the western Supes and no visible smoke from the north, west or south in the Supes. Also no fires or smoke in the Goldfields. No problems northwest of the Goldfield town.

There is a scorched area about 1.5 miles before Needle Vista that goes for about one half mile. The burned area is about 100 to 150 feet on either side of 88.

There are at least 25 trucks from SRP, fire, sheriff and forest service people. they are repairing power lines and checking for hot spots but they feel it is all out.

I spoke to a fire marshall who said he is not aware of any fires in the Supes themselves--nothing in Boulder or La barge. The Supes look clean to me although there is some drifting smoke to the north.

The only other scorched area is along the 60 highway the east side of the festival entrance for about 100 yards about 30 feet in width. Other than that there is no fire or smoke in Gold canyon.

Thank God for the orange stuff. It is clearly visible on the highway 88 at both ends of the burned area. dropped well it sems to stop fire immediately.

Kent's "lady" is safe so far. The fire marshall and I surmised that the Supes are too tough and mean anyway to catch on fire!!!

The comfort thing to me is that the forest service has trucks and people all around the Superstitions with phones and radios plus air inspection. I was told the first sign of smoke everyone know what and where.

The smoke "screen" to the north looks very thick but it all seems much north of the Salt River.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Wildfires & Other Natural Disasters All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: