ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
S'mores

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trail & Camp Food Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 6/17/2005, 6:15 pm    Post subject: S'mores Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's Friday night and I'm sitting here thinking about activities for the weekend when I take my 7 year-old daughter camping on Chincoteague and Assateague islands. Of course, we have to see the ponies and also purchase the book "Misty of Chincoteague". Around the campfire though, we have to break out the graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows for a lesson in making and (more importantly) eating S'mores! It's been a while since I've made S'mores, so I did a little research online, just to get a refresher on the proper procedure! That quick research brought me to this site.

So it got me wondering if you have any good stories or experiences concerning S'mores and/or kids on campouts.
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 6/17/2005, 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Growing up as a Scout I camped many times at Assateague and even had 'smores (not really my favorite, but heck! we were CAMPING).

My daughter read Misty of Chincoteague a few years ago and hounded and hounded me to go and see what the area looked like. I bought a few months by telling her that it was a fictional place. But.... she went and got my Rand-McNally and came storming in yelling "there is TOO a Chincoteague Island"! So...... we went on a 2 week trip on the eastern seaboard shortly thereafter and she got her wish...
we spent 2 days bopping around & beaching and even witnessed the "Pony Swim" http://www.assateagueisland.com/ponyswim/ponyswim.htm.
Great place.

I just LOVE the whole eastern shore (of Md.) and highly recommend it.
Ahhh... many a day on the patio of some crab shack with a Rolling Rock and a bucket of crabs. Can't get a crab here in Az. that's worth a $hit.

For those interested ....http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/eastern/assateague.html

"I wonder what ole' Ben would've thought of the TSA and photo-radar?" -- cynhikr
beckett

PostPosted: 6/17/2005, 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yum! S'mores! If you're looking for a quick easy way but the fudge striped cookies and place the marshmellow between two! Have fun Ken....it will be a great father's day for both of you!
Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trail & Camp Food All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: