ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Such is Life

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Flora & Fauna Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 6/10/2005, 8:39 pm    Post subject: Such is Life Reply to topic Reply with quote

Morning road ride on the bicycle right after sunrise, observed a roadrunner make a meal out of some kind of snake. Also observed a hawk snatch a small rodent. Afternoon hike into Hog Canyon observed a hawk make a meal out of a rabbit and another hawk snatched a rock squirrel.
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 6/11/2005, 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sat . ride observed a coyote with a poodle or something similar. Was planning a night hike tonight, perhaps a lion is lurking for me.
Nighthiker

PostPosted: 6/12/2005, 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No lion on the night hike but observed a couple of tortise's about sunrise.
Sande J
Calamity J

PostPosted: 6/12/2005, 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sounds like you got an invite to the Superstition Smorgasbord.
Very cool sightings! Razz
BoyNhisDog
The dangerous place where the winds meet

PostPosted: 6/13/2005, 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cool sightings. I saw a lot of roadrunners out recently and one had a small reptile or rodent in it's beak.
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 6/13/2005, 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cool indeed.

Saw a beautiful herd of elk while out in the tall pines of the Rim this weekend, They just kept coming one after another. The highlight was the presence of a half dozen calfs that were cute as could be. The elk were extremely healthy looking, their coats having a shine that glistened in the sun. Unfortunately it was so awesome and mesmerizing I didn't get any pictures of the little ones.
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 6/13/2005, 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Arizonaheat wrote:
Cool indeed.

Saw a beautiful herd of elk while out in the tall pines of the Rim this weekend, They just kept coming one after another. The highlight was the presence of a half dozen calfs that were cute as could be. The elk were extremely healthy looking, their coats having a shine that glistened in the sun. Unfortunately it was so awesome and mesmerizing I didn't get any pictures of the little ones.

Are you losing your touch ol' man? I'll take that camera rig if you're incapable these days...

Shades
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 6/13/2005, 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Are you losing your touch ol' man? I'll take that camera rig if you're incapable these days...

LOL, nope, just wasn't in the proper position for taking photo's and if I would have moved all would have been spooked so it was just better to observe and take a mental photo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Flora & Fauna All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: