ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Backpacker's Pantry Freeze-dried 30% off @ REI-Outlet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trail & Camp Food Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 3/11/2005, 11:38 am    Post subject: Backpacker's Pantry Freeze-dried 30% off @ REI-Outlet Reply to topic Reply with quote

Have it shipped to a local store for no-charge shipping
http://www.rei.com/outlet/category/22000121.htm

"I wonder what ole' Ben would've thought of the TSA and photo-radar?" -- cynhikr
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 3/11/2005, 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I dont agree with no charge shipping! By the time they figure in state sales tax, it usually comes in around the same as shipping or MORE!

anyway, thanks for the link. I'll have to give BPP a shot Smile

sierra trading also has the sale, been going on for quite a while now

what i do
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 3/11/2005, 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Roger the tax vs. shipping...

My intent was to alert persons that are unaware of REI's "ship to the store for free" program as to avert their paying tax AND shipping, when the latter is unnecessary.....

"I wonder what ole' Ben would've thought of the TSA and photo-radar?" -- cynhikr
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 3/11/2005, 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

so do they charge tax as well? even though your buying from another state (online store is in Washington?)

Im just saying that I got burned once (ONCE) when I purchased some boots over $75 I had to pay tax that was $3 more than shipping would have been. Just a heads up from my end, as well.

hey man, I like tha pack a lot- have fun at Reavis

what i do
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 3/11/2005, 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If a business has a "presence" in the state where the item is shipped, they are required to collect sales tax. (ie. Sears, Sports Authority, Target, REI, etc...)

Tax on these meals runs +/- $ .30 per & I believe that REI's minimum shipping (and most other on-line stores as well not including the "over $50.00/shipping is free" ones) is about $4.95. So it stands to reason that if someone were buying, say, 6 meals, the tax would run about $1.80... far less than shipping would run if that's all you were buying.

Weather (Globe shown) looks terrific for the "Trans-Sups" backpack - thanks for the well-wishes....

SATURDAY - Sunny. Highs 77 to 87. Light wind in the morning - becoming west 10 to 20 mph in the afternoon.

SATURDAY NIGHT - Mostly clear. Lows 46 to 56. West wind 10 to 20 mph in the evening - becoming light after midnight.

SUNDAY - Mostly sunny. Breezy. Highs 74 to 84. West wind 10 to 20 mph in the morning - becoming 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon.

SUNDAY NIGHT - Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s to lower 50s.

MONDAY - Partly sunny. Cooler. Highs in the upper 60s to upper 70s.

MONDAY NIGHT - Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s to lower 50s.

TUESDAY - Partly sunny with a 10 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 60s to mid 70s.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trail & Camp Food All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: