ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Firefox and Thunderbird
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 1/7/2005, 12:25 pm    Post subject: Firefox and Thunderbird Reply to topic Reply with quote

For all you fans of Mozilla Firefox:

Firefox is now in official 1.0 release. It is much smoother than the last release. It is most excellent.

Also, if you love Firefox, try their Thunderbird e-mail program. It also has an excellent RSS reader. I just started using it and I'm very happy with it as well. Very quick and simple to use.

Go give Microsoft the finger and download these excellent open-source software programs.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
oriole_scott

PostPosted: 1/7/2005, 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

For once, I have to agree with Jared. Very Happy Firefox is terrific. Also, if you get the "adblock" plug-in (available on the mozilla website), you never have to see an advertisement again. It automatically blocks most ads, and if an ad gets through, you just right click on it and make it disappear.
Hnak

PostPosted: 1/7/2005, 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've been using both at home ever since they were released. I've had no problems with either... Agree
thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 1/7/2005, 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

As I reported to Mike earlier today, the "Quote selected" button for posting to this site doesn't seem to work using Firefox. That's about the only slight negative I have with Firefox though, after using it since its debut. Lots of positives when compared to IE, such as tabbed browsing, built-in pop-up blocker, etc.
ghoster

PostPosted: 1/7/2005, 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have been using them also since they came out, good stuff, works like it is supposed to with no surprises. That was easy.
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 12/8/2006, 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok, I know I'm a bit behind the game here, but I just switched over to Firefox last week. About the only thing that seems affected is that I can't highlight text and then use the "Quote Selected" Button.

Is this just a problem for me or anyone with firefox. I can see the lights and the star still so I guess thats a good sign.
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 12/8/2006, 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That's something I'll have to take a look at. It doesn't work in my version of Firefox either.

GTG
BoyNhisDog
The dangerous place where the winds meet

PostPosted: 12/8/2006, 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
Ok, I know I'm a bit behind the game here, but I just switched over to Firefox last week. About the only thing that seems affected is that I can't highlight text and then use the "Quote Selected" Button.

It works for me. I have recently downloaded Firefox 2 and like the automatic spell checker even when you are typing in a post like this.
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 12/8/2006, 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I didn't know there was a firefox 2, I can just download that. I love Firefox after only using it for a week though.
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 12/8/2006, 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Firefox 2.0 is great - it fixed quite a few of the little niggling problems I had with 1.x

All hail open source!

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
Antares

PostPosted: 12/8/2006, 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll agree that Firefox is a decent browser. I prefer Opera myself.
hazard

PostPosted: 12/8/2006, 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Although not a active internet user I've used Firefox for several years on my laptop and have had no problems at all unlike my experience with IE. Surprised
cakewalk

PostPosted: 12/8/2006, 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Been using Firefox for about 1 year now, I like 2.0 with the built in spell checker.

Also have IE 7.0 on my vista box. Its not too bad either. I will always go with firefox however as my main browser.

I believe it to be more secure.
evenstar

PostPosted: 12/8/2006, 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Site that I reserve tee time on requires IE, and I use it often enough that Firefox, tho' like it, is too inconvenient. Plus, Installed IE 7.0 a month ago and it has many of the features that Firefox has, ie, tabs.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
PageRob

PostPosted: 12/8/2006, 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

On my wife's very old Powerbook, Netscape had tabbed browsing back in late 99-ish. I have no idea why it never made it over to PC until relatively recently. I love Firefox, and have been using it for several years now. I used to use Thunderbird until it went "Poof!" and erased everything in it (saved messages, addresses, etc.). Quite aggravating and inconvenient. Now I just used web-based access to my e-mail.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Photos, Literature, Art, Websites All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: