ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Wanted to Buy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Classifieds Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 12/30/2004, 7:38 pm    Post subject: Wanted to Buy Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have a friend at work who is just getting started in backpacking and doesn't have all the equipment yet but is in the market to buy some gently used backpacking equipment that you might have have hanging around in your garage unused that you want to unload.

If you're looking to get rid of equipment that you no longer use, please PM me and I'll make arrangements if he's interested. Here's what he's looking for:

Backpack for him: he's a tall dude and measures 21-22" back length
A couple of thermarests: one for him and one for his GF (who is 5'3")
Sleeping bags
Backpack stove

Thanks all!

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 12/30/2004, 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have a couple of ultralight 6' Therm-a-rests that I'd sell @ 25. ea.
I have one REI internal frame and one Lowe-Alpine I.F. pack at 35.00 each.
Also a 2003 Kelty Haiku pack @ 75.00
generic Down Bag, about 30 degree @ 40.00
BRAND NEW in box MSR Pocket Rocket @ 30.00
New in pkg. Therm-a-rest chair kits (2) 26.00 ea.

Also, the offer to sell the Roadster (one person tent thread) extends to you as well.

"I wonder what ole' Ben would've thought of the TSA and photo-radar?" -- cynhikr
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 12/30/2004, 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks CH~~~I'll pass those on to Matt next week. Do you have the capacity (approx) of the REI, Lowe and Haiku packs? I'll recommend the pocket rocket to him since that's what I use and I love it.

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
matt gilbert

PostPosted: 12/30/2004, 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trish, if your friend doesn't want one of the packs will you let me know so I can talk to kurt about them. Of course, since it's your post I'll grant you guys right to first refusal, I just wanted second dibs. Very Happy
paintninaz

PostPosted: 12/30/2004, 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted to Buy Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trishness wrote:
I have a friend at work who is just getting started in backpacking and doesn't have all the equipment yet but is in the market to buy some gently used backpacking equipment that you might have have hanging around in your garage unused that you want to unload.

I've got an idea! RANDY!!!!.....you could clean out a corner of the spare bedroom!!!! Chuckle (Patty.....I tried! Rolling Eyes )

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 12/30/2004, 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

matt gilbert wrote:
Trish, if your friend doesn't want one of the packs will you let me know so I can talk to kurt about them. Of course, since it's your post I'll grant you guys right to first refusal, I just wanted second dibs. Very Happy

Matt~~How gracious of you! Thanks and I'll talk to my friend/co-worker <whose name is Matt too> on Monday. If he hasn't expressed interest by the end of next week then by all means it'll be your dibs. I'm waiting to find out the pack dimensions from Kurt.

Mr. Green

Cynhikr

PostPosted: 12/31/2004, 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The Haiku is 5700 c.i. & weighs 4#. (has a bladder holder ) it's a 2003 model.
The following two are older models, but are more than functional...
The REI holds about the same as the Haiku, weighs about 5#.
The L/A weighs about 4# and holds about 3800 - 4200.

"I wonder what ole' Ben would've thought of the TSA and photo-radar?" -- cynhikr
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 12/31/2004, 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I would be interested in the pocket rocket if your friends don't want it. I am however, not holding out much hope that they won't but do let us know if they decide to make purchaces.

I want to shine!
CatValet
Got Gear?

PostPosted: 1/2/2005, 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trishness: I have an REi internal, a smaller Kelty internal and a North Face Back Magic Two External (old but great pack) all free to a good home. In a few days I'm gonna post the specs in a classified here. Still have the Gregory Forester if Fairweather decides he doesn't want it. I'll email him too. We just got back from the L.A Wilderness (well, scarier than real wilderness hereabouts....)
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 1/2/2005, 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Randy, I sent you a PM

Mr. Green

fairweather8588

PostPosted: 1/2/2005, 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think I'll have to pass on the forester, but thanks for holding on to it for me. Just don't have the need for another pack just yet. Rolling Eyes

Kerouac
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 1/2/2005, 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Randy,

Let me know the specs on the Forester since Fairweather is passing. I'll let you know by the end of the week at the latest

Thanks!

Mr. Green

Cynhikr

PostPosted: 1/3/2005, 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just came across (in my vast gear closet) a BRAND NEW G.G. Vapor Trail that I'd sell @ $75.00
It is the size "short", for up to torso between 14-18 in. /
Waist size >>26-30 in. /
Holds: 3,600 cu. in. /
Weighs 2 lbs

Multiple reviews here > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Packs/Internal%20and%20External%20Framed%20Backpacks/Granite%20Gear%20Vapor%20Trail/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: