ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Flatiron
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 3/7/2003, 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Phrankster, check out this link, near the bottom of the page.

http://www.phoenixpages.com/cilwa/Personal/Expeditions/Arizona/GrandCanyon/Havasu/
phrankster

PostPosted: 3/7/2003, 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Shocked WOW!!! Thanks Mike, It sounds terrific. I gotta find it now!! Shades
cactuscat

PostPosted: 3/7/2003, 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I can't find which book it was - it might even have been a John Annerino book. Either way, he was describing leading a river trip which included some Hollywood bigshots, and he took Tom Cruise into the "green room". Directions on that link sound just like he described it. Good luck! Mr. Green
kiluam

PostPosted: 3/7/2003, 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

phrankster wrote:
Quote:

in other words im in a very advanced stage of havasu falls denial

I just made my reservations for may to head down there. I havent been there in about 12 years so things may look a little different from the last time I was there Shocked
I've also heard something about a small cave or "green room" as someone called it under or behind Beaver Falls, has anyone else heard of this?

well my guess is that a lot has changed..in just two years ive noticed lots of change..im going to brag about my pictures that are up on the other site..go check them out..most recent ones on there are about year old..i actually just put some more on there today...i am also going to havasu in may right after the smester is over; 3rd week..maybe ill see you out there!! but that green room sure does sound amazing..i am going to have to check it out next time for sure...gotta love that description.."the stalactite can puncture your head if you come up really fast!" makes me want to go there even more..
phrankster

PostPosted: 3/7/2003, 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

...i am also going to havasu in may right after the smester is over; 3rd week..maybe ill see you out there!!

We might run into each other while we're there my reservations are for the 3rd week in May too.
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 5/18/2003, 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Had a great hike yesterday with jmzblond. Also ran into Dadee going up the slick rock section. The three of us hiked together to the Flatiron, where we enjoyed a snack, the views and conversation. jmzblond and I continued past the summit and followed the Ridgeline to Hog Canyon before turning around and returning via Siphon Draw. Scoped out both Monument and Hog Canyons for exploration next season. Some prickly pear were still blooming, saw a couple of brillantly colored ring collared lizards also saw a beautiful green snake with a yellow band around its neck. It may have been a Regal Ring Collared snake, from what I can figure out by looking at some Arizona snake websites. It felt really good to get out and hike again after an unwanted but unavoidable three week hiatus. I feel rejuvinated and alive again.
Can't wait to terrorize Goatboy, and Prickly Pear Hoolie at Reavis Ranch next weekend!
srlatty

PostPosted: 5/18/2003, 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I knew that was you 2! I met you as you were coming down, right before you got to the fence before the parking lot. We went up with some friends that have a thing about getting an early start. You 2 looked better leaving than we did just starting out! That's what I get for taking a month off and then deciding to go hiking at noon on the 1st 100 degree day of the summer. Rolling Eyes
Great hike, only went to the top of the slick rock area. Excellent views. Can't wait to see what's waiting at the top.
ck1

PostPosted: 5/19/2003, 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

cactuscat wrote:
I can't find which book it was - it might even have been a John Annerino book. Either way, he was describing leading a river trip which included some Hollywood bigshots, and he took Tom Cruise into the "green room". Directions on that link sound just like he described it. Good luck! Mr. Green

It was in...

Travelers' Tales Guides
GRAND CANYON
true stories of life below the rim

by Sean O'Reilly, James O'Reilly and Larry Habegger

a great read for anyone interested in the Canyon

"The Journey is the Destination"
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 5/30/2003, 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey cactuscat! Next time you do the flat iron let me know! I love that hike! I'd love to go!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trip Logs & Trail Descriptions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: