ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Scanning Pictures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
plummer150

PostPosted: 2/10/2003, 7:17 pm    Post subject: Scanning Pictures Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok, I seem to be having problems uploading/scanning/resizing-or whatever the problem may be. Maybe someone on here can help me out! I scan my pictures onto my computer hard-drive, then I upload them onto my website. When I goto check my pictures that I just scaned on the internet, they are tiny for some reason. Even when I resize them to be bigger on the hard-drive and re-upload the pictures, they are still the same small size on the internet-but only on the internet. Confused They look to be bigger on the hard-drive, but not the internet for some reason here. They aren't the size that I'd like for them to be. They are small, I'd like them to be bigger with more detail. Mad Can anyone help me out here? You can check out what I mean under my post called Superstition Pics under the pictures forum.
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 2/10/2003, 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ironman, I'm guessing you're running Internet Explorer 6.0. Right? If so, open the "Tools" menu, click on "Internet Options" and go to the "Advanced" tab. Scroll about 2/3's of the way down, look for the "Multimedia" area. Look for "Enable Automatic Image Resizing", in IE6 it's the 2nd setting under "Multimedia". That box is probably checked, if so, uncheck it and click "Ok". Then try looking at your pictures on your site.
plummer150

PostPosted: 2/10/2003, 8:09 pm    Post subject: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey, thanks a bunch. That was the problem and the solution fixed it! Now however, the pics are too big. Looks like I need to resize again. Confused Oh, well. At least I know what the problem was. Thanks again.
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 2/10/2003, 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No problemo. Glad it worked!
desertgirl

PostPosted: 2/10/2003, 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

IORNMAN

IF you use any of the image editing software -- Microsoft Picture It! or Adobe Elments..pretty much any decent software -- You will have the option of "Saving for Web". This will help you save your scans ina Web suitable size ( not too big) Very Happy
plummer150

PostPosted: 2/10/2003, 8:48 pm    Post subject: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip desertgirl. However, I am a college student with a low budget. Sad Unless it's free, i'm going to have to stick to the slow and not-so-easy way of doing things. I spend all my money on my trips to Arizona! Arizona or new software? No competition for me. Exclamation
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 2/10/2003, 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Try Irfanview, http://www.irfanview.com/ Price: $0.00
plummer150

PostPosted: 2/10/2003, 8:58 pm    Post subject: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow! Thats pretty sweet. Much better than quick time or whatever crap I had before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Hiking, Backpacking & Camping All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: