ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Memorial Day Car Camp and Day Hikes ~ Pinalenos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desertboots
Applecart Overturner

PostPosted: 2/9/2003, 3:56 pm    Post subject: Memorial Day Car Camp and Day Hikes ~ Pinalenos Reply to topic Reply with quote

I know it's early to announce this, but it gives everyone time to plan. The Pinelenos are my favorite camping destination and there are about a jillion great trails up there.
What I have in mind is camping at Soldier Creek because it's got some good group-oriented sites. If we don't get any substantial rain between now and then, we will not be able to go there because they have running water and flushing privvys. Second choice is Shannon Campground. I can go up on the Friday of that weekend and grab the skookums sites.

Anyway, I'll hash it all out and have info for everyone when I find out who wants to go. If you've never been there, it's in Safford, and the peaks go to 10,000ft. Nice and cool, all kinds of evergreens, aspen and great views.

If you're toying with the idea, let me know via e-mail, it's easier for me to keep track.

Of course all this is contingent on rainfall, snowpack and the USFS.. Last year the mountain was closed all summer. Let's keep out fungers crissed for rain and snow starting now!

-=db=-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
k9hiker

PostPosted: 2/12/2003, 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I did an overnighter in this area last SEpt. Fantastic area. If you camp in the lower Arcadia CG watch out for the skunk!

On our trip we hiked the Arcadia trail with a detour up Heliograph peak and the Waterfall trail (not sure of the correct trail name) Both we great. Arcadia was hard on the knees though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: