ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Who got to hike the day after Thanksgiving?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Polls Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who got to hike the day after Thanksgiving?
I did, I did!
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Nope, spent the day tucked in with family eating yummy left overs.
28%
 28%  [ 10 ]
No way! I went shopping!
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Other, feel free to tell us what you did.
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 35

Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/27/2004, 11:38 am    Post subject: Who got to hike the day after Thanksgiving? Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am interested to know how many of us were lucky enough to get out and hike the day after Thanksgiving so I thought I would try doing a poll since I have never done one before!

I want to shine!
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 11/27/2004, 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tracy and I went out to Brown's Peak! See trip report....

I want to shine!
ghoster

PostPosted: 11/27/2004, 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I went to Peralta trail to see it for the first time. Lots of people, and that made it interesting to hike. Great weather, and the trail was full of all kinds of hikers, great ones running up, and the new ones wondering what they had gotten themselves into. All in all an experience that I found interesting. Both lots were full, so it was better than going to a mall for the mass consumer experience. Might do it again when it is less crowded.
evenstar

PostPosted: 11/27/2004, 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Had bacon, eggs, country fries, toast, tomato juice and coffee; let that settle, then when to the hotel's fitness center and did 20 min on the treadmill at 15 degree angle followed by 25 min on the cross trainer at 20 degree angle; then off to kid's for second turkey dinner. Was supposed to meet an old friend for a three mile hike around Lafayette Reservoir this a.m., but raining so we're gonna go get Casper's Hot Dogs! Just what I need! Crazy
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
SUN_HIKER

PostPosted: 11/27/2004, 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

gpsjoe and I hiked from First Water to Canyon Lake, had lunch at the Marina and then hiked back to First Water. On our way back we ran into Trishness, Mario and wanderingsould - what a nice surprise to see Trish again and great meeting wanderingsould and Mario!

We clocked our total mileage on GPS to be 15.6 miles - I guess I worked off my thanksgiving dinner. Very Happy

GB
PS wanted to smack Joe, after arriving at First Water he said I'm not tired, let's do it again Confused
without your permission.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 11/27/2004, 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No but I had high intentions of hiking this weekend, nothing panned out though.
Hikngrl

PostPosted: 11/27/2004, 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tim, this morning I was kickin' my self in the butt for not taking you up on the Quartz peak thing. My daughter canceled on me at the last minute and didn't come up today and Ron is working so I could have hiked. Instead I spent the morning cleaning house and playing on the site making up silly polls like this one!

I want to shine!
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/27/2004, 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I got to hike off the stuffing, gravy and high caloric intake from Thanksgiving by doing the 7.75 miles from First Water TH to Canyon Lake. It was beautiful weather and I had the fine company of Mar-e-o and wanderingsoul. As Sunhiker said, we ran into each other as she and GPSJoe were heading south from Canyon Lake and we were heading north. I recognized the hat and the hiking stance as she crested on a hill~~~~I KNOW THAT WALK! As always, it's great to see familiar faces out there sharing the trails!

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
fairweather8588

PostPosted: 11/27/2004, 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nope, was going to, but then I got crippled... Rolling Eyes

Kerouac
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/27/2004, 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Davis2001R6 wrote:
No but I had high intentions of hiking this weekend, nothing panned out though.

Tim,

I though you were doing Rincon the day after T-day? Wow, you surely would have been welcome to join our rag-tag hiking group through the Supes. We had a blast!

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 11/27/2004, 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I was hoping to but it never panned out, keep me in mind next time though. I hate sitting at home but don't always have to motivation to go out and hike alone.
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 11/27/2004, 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I wanted to do Peralta/Cave with Daddee & Hkngrl, but it was too late a start time. We were at my inlaws last night putting their tree up and eating turkey casserole made from the leftovers.
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 11/27/2004, 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I worked Friday, but fully intended to go see some of the burn area up the Barhardt Trail today. But I didn't go-maybe tomorrow.
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/27/2004, 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike and Tim,

I'm almost always out the day before or after a holiday somewhere in the Supes so just PM me or email me to see what's up.

This is my backyard so I'm usually out there somewhere!

Mr. Green

paintninaz

PostPosted: 11/27/2004, 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I did, I did! ...oh, I guess you already knew that (see Diane's post above)

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: