ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
evenstar

PostPosted: 2/7/2003, 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OK, I just got his on HAZ

Quote:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46080 bytes) in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/dex2/language/lang_english/lang_main.php on line 143

When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 2/7/2003, 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The site seems to be buggy. If you keep trying you can get to where you're going.
plummer150

PostPosted: 2/7/2003, 3:02 pm    Post subject: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ah, I went to HAZ again, it waz crazy seein all that old stuff on that site and just going to the site after a month and a half hiatus there. Don't get me wrong, I like the whole HAZ site, but I like this one better now. I'm going to stick to this one I think.
dennisbench

PostPosted: 2/7/2003, 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thats just strange. I'm personally glad to have access to the hikes on there, but thats about it.
"In the first place you can't see anything from a car; you've got to get out of the goddamned contraption and walk, better yet crawl, on hands and knees...When traces of blood begin to mark your trail you'll see something, maybe."
-Ed Abbey
ck1

PostPosted: 2/7/2003, 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

So what are our thoughts?

I'm kinda used to this place now...it only takes 21 days to change a habit...

confusing a bit, isn't it...

"The Journey is the Destination"
dennisbench

PostPosted: 2/7/2003, 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I really didn't post much on there, and when it went down and this site went up, I took the opportunity to be more involved. I really like the setup of this site. Although we don't have hikes up yet, I never really did like the forum setup of HAZ. Thats my 2 cents.
"In the first place you can't see anything from a car; you've got to get out of the goddamned contraption and walk, better yet crawl, on hands and knees...When traces of blood begin to mark your trail you'll see something, maybe."
-Ed Abbey
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 2/7/2003, 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ck1, it is confusing. I've thought about this a lot today and I come to the conclusion that I personally won't be spending much time on HAZ, if any. Yeah, I like the trail info, but I have all the guidebooks, too. We'll have more stuff on here eventually. Just remember HAZ wasn't built in a day either. It took years to get to where it did. We've only been up a month and look what's happened already! I wish Joe all the best with HAZ, I'm sure if it stays up, it'll do just fine. But this place feels like home now, and the folks here feel like family. I personally would like to stick it out here and see what all of us can do with this site. Not to outdo HAZ, but to build our own unique corner of the web!
plummer150

PostPosted: 2/7/2003, 5:51 pm    Post subject: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, I agree with all of the rest of the people that seem to be sayin that this feels like home, and it does. I'm more involved on this one for sure, I never even posted on the other one. Once this gets some hikes on here, it'll be a great place to check hikes out. I like this whole setup and the website itself better. I got tired of typing www then realizing that it was only hikearizona.com. I know. it's something stupid and little but I have grown accostomed to this site in only a month and a half. I don't have enough time in my day to be checking out both sites so here I am to stay I guess. Exclamation
srlatty

PostPosted: 2/7/2003, 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm not normally one to hold a grudge. And I must admit, I really missed the traildex and a lot of the other stuff. But I'm not sure I'm ready to jump right back into HAZ. This place does seem more like home, maybe because I have been here since the beginning. I think I'll spend the majority of my time here, with the occasional peek at HAZ to see what's happening.
cakewalk

PostPosted: 2/7/2003, 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Interesting development here.

I wonder how long it will remain active.
TJB

PostPosted: 2/8/2003, 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

cakewalk wrote:
I have a program around here somewhere that will crawl a website and download the whole thing, all links, all files...... Maybe Ill dig it out.

Seriously, im collecting trail dex for my personal use.

I wonder how long it will remain active

Wouldn't it be more fulfilling to submit an original trail writeup of your own? Why steal someone else's work?
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 2/8/2003, 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

TJB, you must've missed the part where he said he was downloading it for personal use. How is that stealing? When you visit a web page, all the information is downloaded to your computer's hard drive anyway, so you already have it. It's publicly available information, at the moment, at least. And a lot of it was written by members of this site. I doubt seriously that any of them would mind. Nor do I believe the webmaster at HAZ would mind. I can only think of a couple of people on that site who might have a problem with it, but since they started their own site and took material not only from HAZ but from other sites, (including government sites, National Forests, etc), and put that info on their site, who are they to complain?
plummer150

PostPosted: 2/8/2003, 8:49 am    Post subject: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hmmm....interesting development here I'm seeing with myself actualy. I said in an earlier post that I would mainly just stick to this site, but I've noticed myself going back to the HAZ site over and over again. Old habits never die...or something along those lines. I guess now that the HAZ site is back up, regarless of what I was saying before, I do apperently have time to be checking both sites out still. Crazy. HAZ has on been back up for a couple days now and I'm already back into the habit of going to it. Maybe I'm an addict for Az or hiking itself? Hmmm..... Chin Scratching Ok Bouncing Beer Multi
srlatty

PostPosted: 2/8/2003, 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Not sure if this is another development, or just my computer.. I can't get HAZ to come up, again! This site came right up, HAZ won't.
TJB

PostPosted: 2/8/2003, 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
I can only think of a couple of people on that site who might have a problem with it, but since they started their own site and took material not only from HAZ but from other sites, (including government sites, National Forests, etc), and put that info on their site, who are they to complain?

What did they take from HAZ? When did the NF change their minds about their info being in the public domain?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: