ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Camera Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 11/1/2004, 10:47 pm    Post subject: Camera Reviews Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just purchased a new digital camera - the Canon A85. It should arrive late this week or early next week. I found it to be one of the best bang for the buck digital camera out there, and it worked with some periferal equipment I already have.

I did some extensive research, but I never found any site that compared to this one:

Steve's Digicams

If you've never visited it, I strongly recommend it. If you are thinking about purchasing a digital camera, I can't recommend it enough. That guy puts every camera available through the most thorough test and will give you every number and result possible - and many you would have never thoght of. It's easy to navigate, well organized, comprehensive and extremely detailed, and if all that bores you, just go straight to his "Steve's Conclusions" page for a summary. He even specifically reviews cameras that would be perfect for hiking.

Best of all, he has an amazing price search engine working with his site. I was able to find the camera I wanted for a whole lot less. It sells for $289 at Best Buy, $269 at Amazon.com, but Steve's site listed an online retailer that sold it to me for $211 - with free shipping. I was very pleased.

Definitely a site worth checking out. He even has reviews of periferals like batteries and memory cards with comparissons of the different formats and such.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 11/2/2004, 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I love that website! Not really in the market for a new camera but always looking, kind of like cars.
AK

PostPosted: 11/2/2004, 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have the Canon A75. You'll love the A85. A lot of the cool features of a full size SLR, yet the compact size of your average digital.

"Can't think of a good signature quote". - Me
Daryl

PostPosted: 11/2/2004, 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, Steves is a great resource. dpreview.com is really good too.

I really liked the A80 because it had a flip out screen, but they replaced it with the A85. Excellent camera for the price and a great hiking camera.

Best place I've seen to buy a camera is Butterflyphoto.com. They have the best prices I've seen and they are easy to work with. I've bought 2 cameras through them now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Equipment & Gear All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: