ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Peanut butter
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trail & Camp Food Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 10/14/2004, 12:27 pm    Post subject: Peanut butter Reply to topic Reply with quote

I bought a bunch of peanut butter packets, they held about 2 tablespoons per packet. I loved to use these like most use Goo. I can't seem to find these packets any where now. Has any body seen them around recently? I hope they didn't discontinue making them. Mary
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 10/14/2004, 12:36 pm    Post subject: PB and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

Try Denny's. Smart and Final may be a good try too, you may have to buy a few hundred though.

GTG
StairMaster

PostPosted: 10/14/2004, 12:53 pm    Post subject: found some Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://onlinestore.smucker.com/display_product.cfm?prod_id=330&cat_id=22
doug

PostPosted: 10/14/2004, 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I know what you are talking about it is made by "Skippy". Tubes of peanut butter, they make single tubes and a larger resealable tube. I found them six months a go at Fry's. A box of six singles was about $2.50.
fairweather8588

PostPosted: 10/14/2004, 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

you can get small containers of them at A.J.'s too (for free)

Kerouac
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 10/14/2004, 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

doug wrote:
I know what you are talking about it is made by "Skippy". Tubes of peanut butter, they make single tubes and a larger resealable tube. I found them six months a go at Fry's. A box of six singles was about $2.50.
Yep, that is what I had. I bought several boxes, now I can't find it any where. They fit perfect in my pocket and is a quick boost when I'm on the trail. Mary
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 10/14/2004, 3:15 pm    Post subject: PB and such again Reply to topic Reply with quote

Shi, get yourself to Trails and get yourself a gross of 3"X3" "jeweler's" bags. Buy yourself a squeeze tube of PB or make your own PB squeeze tube with a Coghlans tube -
http://www.rei.com/product/47591411.htm

Then make your own little PB Goo pouches. Wink

GTG
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 10/14/2004, 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've seen those bottles, but I like those little packets, much like a long soft tube, packaged like Goo. It's quick and easy for a fast protein boost. Okay, maybe I'm being WAY to picky?! ROFLMAO Mary
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 10/14/2004, 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I like the PB idea, I'm sooooo sick of goo's
doug

PostPosted: 10/15/2004, 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My wife is an aid at a local school she said that kids bring them to school all the time. She does not like them as she has to open them for the kids (first and secound graders), they eat them as Mary said that she does. She said that she saw them at the Frys so they are out there still. I will look and see if I can find them and let you know.
Good hunting for them Mary.

Doug
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 10/15/2004, 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks Doug. I haven't seen them at Safeway or Albertson's. I'll try the Fry's. Mary
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 10/15/2004, 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

skippy squeeze stik: almost 20% daily intake of saturated fat in ONE tube

great for a post hike, but be careful during hiking activities with large amounts of fat, oils. Digestion of fatty material is very hard on your system and takes valuable oxygen and blood from your muscles. This would be counter productive to the energy boost you are trying to acheive in the first place.
food for thought, pun intended

what i do
HUM469

PostPosted: 10/15/2004, 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think Mary, that you aren't finding them because they aren't kept in the same area as regular peanut butter. At the Fry's by my house, my wife came across them in one of the snack food aisles. I did not like them at the time because they became a form of crayon for my daughters to draw on furniture with, but I can see the handiness of them out on the trail now that you bring it up!
Real Estate Executive to AZ
Special Projects Manager, AZCDE.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 10/15/2004, 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Every Super Wally-World that I've been in has the Skippy tubes as well.
Last time, in the package, they had a tube of CHOCOLATE butter as a sample.........

==============================================================================================

re GU - A few years ago at Bright Angel Camp a friend put his pack on one of the picnic tables before heading up to the Phantom Ranch Canteen.
Well, as anyone who's been there can attest, the squirrels there are bold and voracious. They chewed through the top of his pack and got out his trail mix, cookies, and a few packages of GU. Funny thing is that when we returned from Phantom the cookies & trail mix were gone and one of the GU packs had been chewed open. Sitting next to the open package was a pile of obviously chewed GU that had been subsequently spat out by the squirrel. The remaining 5 GU packs that had been removed were untouched.

"I wonder what ole' Ben would've thought of the TSA and photo-radar?" -- cynhikr
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 10/15/2004, 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Gu wigs me out (too much sugar). It's high carbs and I've discovered that I do best with protein, over carbs. When reading what is in Gu, I can understand why the squirrels wouldn't eat it, it's all chemicals. Mary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Trail & Camp Food All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: