ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Hooli's Pacemaker needs a new battery!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/5/2003, 7:22 pm    Post subject: Hooli's Pacemaker needs a new battery! Reply to topic Reply with quote

If any of you folks saw my SF 49'rs win their playoff game against the NY Giants, after bein' down 24 points, 38 to 14 with only four minutes left in the third quarter....well, you'll understand why my pacemaker's battery's plum wore out!

GO NINERS!

Hooli has left the building.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 1/5/2003, 8:16 pm    Post subject: glad to hear it Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hooli, glad to hear your team came through. I should have known you would be the first one in the Off-Trail Area.

GTG
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 1/6/2003, 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think we know what's really keeping those batteries fried and it's no football game. Who's that in the scree with you there in the shadows? Must be a fantasy!

Quote:
Well, Ol' Hooli's glad to see his 15 minutes or fame are over; was afraid I was gonna have to get engaged to J.Lo or somethin' to live up to the hype Rolling Eyes

http://www.extremezone.com/~kurth/offsiteuse/Hooli3.jpg
Canyon Dweller

PostPosted: 1/6/2003, 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i was quite glad myself to see the niners come back, they too are my favorite team.

"Meaningless! Meaningless," says the teacher, "Utterly Meaningless, Everything is meaningless."-Ecclesiastes 1:2
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 1/6/2003, 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

That was a FANTASTIC game! Almost as good as the Fiesta Bowl game - and certainly worth it to see a New York team go down.

Thier long snapper will be let go this offseason. What a miserable performance - two bad snaps in a row!

In further football news, it was great to see Vick doing a little dancing on the Cheese-Heads - and somewhat alarming that the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets won in a total shutdown of the Colts.

We do NOT like NY teams in any sport - they should ALWAYS loose - and nothing would make me happier than to see every NY team become just like the Bos-Sox - no championships there for another century!!!!

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 1/6/2003, 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

In further football news, it was great to see Vick doing a little dancing on the Cheese-Heads

Yeah, how 'bout those FALCONS!!
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 1/6/2003, 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daddee wrote:
...Almost as good as the Fiesta Bowl game...

Haw! The real reason you had to cut out early Friday night.

BTW, Caleb(SP?) has one mean overhand for his age. Is that natural or did you teach him that?
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 1/6/2003, 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Vick is the man. Watching him is the absolute pinacle of sports excitement right now. Just electrifying - you never know what he's gonna do next - and the opposite team is willing to do anything to keep him from crossing the line of scrimmage.

I'm speechless after watching him - you just get tired of saying "Did you see that!"

Football is the best. Sadness and melancholy will descend on the populace in only a few weeks time. You can count the remaining games in this season on one hand.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 1/8/2003, 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey Stan... great pic, but shouldn't Hooli be in a 49er's jersey?? Maybe Montana??

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 1/8/2003, 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Football is the best. Sadness and melancholy will descend on the populace in only a few weeks time. You can count the remaining games in this season on one hand.

I agree, Daddee... so who is throwing the ArizonaHikers Superbowl party?? After all, the season should at least end with a great big happy shindig!!

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
paintninaz

PostPosted: 1/8/2003, 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

jmzblond wrote:
so who is throwing the ArizonaHikers Superbowl party?? After all, the season should at least end with a great big happy shindig!!

I believe the person with the idea is suppose to throw the party Exclamation isn't that how we work it around here? Laughing Multi Silly Wink

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 1/8/2003, 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I always thought it was the person w/ the biggest screen T.V. and the best surround sound system!! Very Happy

paintninaz

PostPosted: 1/8/2003, 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

jmzblond wrote:
I always thought it was the person w/ the biggest screen T.V. and the best surround sound system!! Very Happy

Good point! Very Happy

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 1/8/2003, 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

BTW, Caleb(SP?) has one mean overhand for his age. Is that natural or did you teach him that?

I'd like to claim credit - but no - the kid just digs throwing stuff. Figured it all out by his own self. He can nail me from across our living room - that's a good 10 paces. We try very hard to never let him have a ball that has a dense substance to it (like say Hooli's head). He'd put a dent in the wall or break the TV for sure.

He also likes playing basketball. We got him a little hoop - but he insists on having it extended up all the way. No dunking for this kid - he likes shooting the ball. Pretty good too - better than me most of the time. Now he's learning how to bat. Already knocks the T-ball across the yard. I think he even knocked one over the fence already too. Thank goodness he has his mothers coordination and not mine (she's an ex gymnast).

Yea - I'm not proud of him or anything. Just makin' conversation....

- Abraham Lincoln
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/8/2003, 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daddee wrote:

Yea - I'm not proud of him or anything. Just makin' conversation....

Welcome to parenthood, Daddee; as you're finding out, it's one of the most wonderful, awesome, and occassionally fightening experiences you'll ever go through. Cherish every single moment; store them fully in your memory; they'll come in very handy for the rest of your life! Been there, done that.....best thing that's ever happened to me. One very special piece of advice: don't spoil the kid...too much Smile but make very, very sure he knows how much you love, cherish AND respect him. Early last year when I was visiting my daughter, son-in-law and brand new grandson, I mentioned to my son-in-law that my daughter, Linda, was the best thing that ever happened to me, bar none. I'd raised her pretty much by myself from the time she was thirteen. He said, "You need to tell her that." I said, "I do." He said, "Do it more...she really loves to hear it and she's really missing you since you moved to Arizona." Amazing the wisdom of some kids these days. You can't say I love you too many times or too many ways.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: