ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Free Stuff! Any Takers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Classifieds Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt gilbert

PostPosted: 9/3/2004, 3:53 pm    Post subject: Free Stuff! Any Takers? Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've got a bunch of old camping and backpacking stuff that I want to get rid of. In my opinion none of it's really that great anymore (its all in decent condition, but its all old and well used) but before I donated it to charity I thought I'd let you fine folks have first dibs.

I've got;

-a whole mess of mess kit parts (you know those alluminum ones that nest together
-two external frame packs (old models (very old models...))
-lots of extra external backpack parts (hip belts, shoulder straps, etc...)
-WWII british military web gear (this I'd like to get a couple bucks for), it's a collectors peice, I used it a couple times but the pack itself weighs like 10pounds, so I gave that up.... if anyone collects old military equipment (and I know you guys are out there) this might make a nice addition

This list isn't inclusive, there's still a bunch of stuff I have to go through and sort out. I'll post more, or just let me know if theres something general that you need, I just might have one...
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 9/3/2004, 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Are those ext pack hip belts, shoulder straps the old stock type, or are they newer style?
matt gilbert

PostPosted: 9/3/2004, 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure, but the hip belt at least is better than the ones that came on the packs, the shoulder straps are the stock type. I'll try to get a picture of it online in the next day otherwise I'll just hang on to the belt and give it to you the next time I see you if you want, otherwise, like I said, I'm just donating it to charity. Let me know
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 9/3/2004, 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Matt,

I'd be interested in the external frame packs.......are they adjustable and do you think they'd fit me?

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
matt gilbert

PostPosted: 9/3/2004, 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have one that might fit you (might). But none of them are adjustable. Your in luck, the shorter pack is actually the one in better condition (since I had a hard time wearing it).

again: I'll try to throw up a couple pictures of the pack too.
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 9/3/2004, 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Matt,

I'll claim that one then~~~we short-stop peoples have a hard time getting packs to fit. Since I work near Mesa Lutheran Hospital, I can scoot over your way one night to check it out.

Thanks~~~

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Cynhikr

PostPosted: 9/7/2004, 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Are either a Jansport ??
Thanks.

"I wonder what ole' Ben would've thought of the TSA and photo-radar?" -- cynhikr
matt gilbert

PostPosted: 9/8/2004, 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Naw Kurt, sorry, no jansport.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: