ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Rock Climbing
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
desertgirl

PostPosted: 1/30/2003, 10:54 pm    Post subject: Rock Climbing Reply to topic Reply with quote

Does anyone here workout at the Occotillo MOuntainside fittnes Gym ? They have rockwall that hasself belay equipment. It would be nice to know someone who climbs there...

For fun & shared learning!
cactuscat

PostPosted: 1/31/2003, 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have no idea where you're talking about, but I'm always interested in rock climbing! I used to go to the Phoenix Rock Gym regularly, and have done some bouldering and one lesson on real rock. I've been wanting to get back into it, and trying to convince my hiking buddies to go to the rock gym with me. Where is this place - I might be able to meet you there sometime?! Mr. Green
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 1/31/2003, 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The Sierra club here in town does a lot of climbing, look em up.
JW
I'll make rain with my spaceman powers!

PostPosted: 10/7/2003, 10:53 pm    Post subject: tech climbs/weavers/PRG Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey Cactuscat and anybody else,

I'd like to do the pitches on Pauline Weaver's needle, to the summit, before the year is over.

Who is confident at leading? If I have to, I can.

Anybody who wants to hook-up at PRG let me know, any evening.

Jim.
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 11/10/2003, 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There is a new rock gym which opened in North Phoenix, I would love to get back to the rock gym. I was doing PRG this summer, but that drive is killing me! The gym is near I-17 and Bell Road. I'm even okay with climbing with someone new to the sport (as long as you don't drop me on belay...that really suxs!) Mary
ck1

PostPosted: 11/10/2003, 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Shihiyea wrote:
There is a new rock gym which opened in North Phoenix, I would love to get back to the rock gym. I was doing PRG this summer, but that drive is killing me! The gym is near I-17 and Bell Road. I'm even okay with climbing with someone new to the sport (as long as you don't drop me on belay...that really suxs!) Mary

They're offering heavily discounted memberships as part of the grand opening...read about it on http://www.rockclimbing.com

"The Journey is the Destination"
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 11/10/2003, 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The new gyms site is at http://solidrockgym.com/phoenixgym/solidrockaz.html Looks like a fun and new place to climb (close to home for me). I would like to get back into a routine of climbing at least 2 nights a week and would like to find others who might be interested as well. Mary
cactuscat

PostPosted: 11/12/2003, 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm interested! Let's get climbing, guys! Mr. Green
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 11/12/2003, 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm free most nights. Let me know when you want to go!
Canyon Dweller

PostPosted: 11/12/2003, 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've done rock gyms a couple of times and love them. I don't do much rock climbing, partly cuz I never knew anybody with the equipment. I think that this is a sport I'd love to get into.
I just looked at the location of this place and it's only about 4 miles from me. I would be totally up to going there sometime.

"Meaningless! Meaningless," says the teacher, "Utterly Meaningless, Everything is meaningless."-Ecclesiastes 1:2
Jeff12633

PostPosted: 12/31/2003, 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I drop by the Phoenix Rock Gym in Tempe every few weeks. They have a great selection of high walls, as well as a good bouldering section. Anyone know how it compares to the others in the area?

I'd definitely be interested in an indoor climbing event--maybe I'll arrange one....
maryphyl
Grand Canyon Enchantress

PostPosted: 12/31/2003, 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Try http://www.wander-women.com/ Nice women--you'll like them. Tell them Mary Phyl sent you Wink
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/31/2003, 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You know, I'd like to try that sometime.
Hey Trish?? game???
anyone?

Sheri

PostPosted: 1/1/2004, 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Let's check it out Sheri! Could be part of a resolution. Try something new!
JW
I'll make rain with my spaceman powers!

PostPosted: 1/1/2004, 8:38 am    Post subject: PRG Reply to topic Reply with quote

Jeff12633 wrote:
I drop by the Phoenix Rock Gym in Tempe every few weeks. They have a great selection of high walls, as well as a good bouldering section. Anyone know how it compares to the others in the area?

I'd definitely be interested in an indoor climbing event--maybe I'll arrange one....

Jeff12633,

Sounds like an idea. Who'd be up for an evening at PRG?

Cactuscat, Shi, MattGilbert, to name a few, might be interested. Let me know next time anybody's going.

Since my house burned down, I now own a better view of the rising moon. - Masahide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: