ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Good bye Brenly
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daryl

PostPosted: 7/2/2004, 2:38 pm    Post subject: Good bye Brenly Reply to topic Reply with quote

The D-backs fired Brenly today. Looking at the poll on Azcentral it looks like most people disagree with it. I think it was the right choice. When one or two players are playing bad, or one or two injuries happen, it’s not a big deal. When just about everyone is playing bad and the injury list is nearly the size of the team roster, you have to look at the coach (yes bad coaching can lead to injuries).
The team has talent, without question. If they are not winning, it’s the coach’s fault. To steal Colin’s line, he won the series with Buck’s team. Since then the team has done nothing but get worse.

If I were the Boss:
Name Yount the acting manager, you don’t make the HOF without being a great baseball guy. Sign Sexon ASAP and give RJ a contract extension to shut the rumors up. Trade Finley and get something for him before we lose him next year to free agency. Trade Gonzo (sorry Mike) before his stock slips lower. His bat will make him a good DH in the AL. Trade Hillenbrandt. Shea is a firstbaseman and we have Sexon!
What box?

PostPosted: 7/2/2004, 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Probably won't be Yount, but I agree, he'd be a great manager. RJ isn't going anywhere, Finley may be. Gonzo isn't trade material until he has the TJ surgery, but even then, I don't think the Dbacks will trade him. Hillenbrand is not a firstbaseman, he's a thirdbaseman forced to play first because of Sexson's injury. Either way, why would you trade him now while Sexson is out? I think you leave him there then depending on resigning Sexson, you determine whether to trade Hillenbrand or Tracy next year.
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 7/2/2004, 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

From www.620ktar.com...

"Sources tell KTAR Sports that Al Pedrique has been tapped to be the next manager."
evenstar

PostPosted: 7/2/2004, 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

mike wrote:
trade Tracy next year.

Well, what we gonna get for her Razz
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
samiam

PostPosted: 7/2/2004, 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just dont know about the d back's i would love to just tell ervrything i think but all i can say is,how do you get ridd of 5 young talented players for one,get rid of shilling a awesome pitcher,and get sexxon who is basically a fence hitter,Alomar whom from what ive seen is pretty arogant..so it seem's..fill all the open spot's with a buch of Farm player's from the minor's and post a bunch off losses within my mind makes a team feel a little like "whats the use" I just dont see how firing brenly will help..I dont see anyone making this team winn with any coach,kinda like the sunn's Idea maybee the Owner should fire himself Idea Im just suprised he dont own the Cardinal's..maybee he's a investor.. Crazy Jeez i forgot i wasent going to say anything Anyone know why the yankee's winn soooo much? Sallery....gotta pay to play..not that i like the yankee's...Man saying it twice made a bad tast in my mouth
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 7/2/2004, 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
mike wrote:
trade Tracy next year.

More'n we'd get if we traded you. Rolling Eyes
roger

PostPosted: 7/2/2004, 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

More'n we'd get if we traded you.

OUCH THAT HURTS

roger
evenstar

PostPosted: 7/2/2004, 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, Mike's a pain in the Moon
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 7/2/2004, 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
Yeah, Mike's a pain in the Moon
That's better than being one... Nah Nah!
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 7/2/2004, 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yount was offered a position as one of the coaches, but not the manager's position. He decided to leave out of loyalty to Brenly. Kniffin, the pitching coach was also let go, replaced by Mark Davis. (That's one decision I definitely agree with!) Pedrique is only the interim manager for the rest of this season.

I'm going to the game tonight with my old boss. It'll be interesting to see the fan reaction.
paintninaz

PostPosted: 7/2/2004, 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

evenstar wrote:
mike wrote:
trade Tracy next year.

Hey! I'm sure there's a no-trade clause in my contract.....what? I don't have a contract?.... Embarassed weeeell then, what Mike said....

mike wrote:
More'n we'd get if we traded you. Rolling Eyes

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
samiam

PostPosted: 7/3/2004, 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hmm,another loss,i seen they put up a fight but still a loss..now there talking about getting rid of most of the veterans to get a younger team??I thought they traded the younger team to the brewers? GEEZ when will at all end? Well i guess you could start saying we have a verry good aaa team...To bad by the time they get real good in the bigg's they will all be traded for veteran's..Then the used to be rookie's will be on fire!!! seems like iv'e seen this all befor.... Crazy
Daryl

PostPosted: 7/3/2004, 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Shea is a 3rd baseman playing first, but his defense at 3rd hurts his team. He'd be much more valuable to a team as a 1st baseman. With Sexon and all the kids they have no need for Shea next year, so trade him.

If they don't plan on paying Finley 7-10 million next year they need to trade him. Otherwise, He's a great guy to have on the team, but you don't want two of your best bats to be lefties that struggle against lefties. It's too easy to bring in a lefty and walk Sexon, taking your big three out of the line up.

Sexon is the man. He will be talked about like Bonds and McGwire before his career is over. Build the team around him.

Tracy is going to be great, I'd hate to see them trade him. He reminds me of Wadd Boggs.

Alomar was the best 2B around for a long time. He has a right to be cocky. If he can come close to what he was a few years ago he can be a big help to the team next year. If not, there are a bunch of kids drooling to take his spot.

Shop for pitchers that don't walk people and guys that can play defense and everything else will fall in place.
What box?

PostPosted: 7/3/2004, 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Chad Tracy has more than double the number of errors as Shea Hillenbrand and Shea has better offensive numbers. I think they'll take a look at the end of the year and determine which player is more valuable, but right now the numbers show Hillenbrand with an edge. I'm not convinced Tracy is going to be great. Good perhaps, but not great. Shea made a heck of a snag last night, we were sitting about midway down the first base line and had a good view of it. That was a shot!
paintninaz

PostPosted: 7/3/2004, 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daryl wrote:
Tracy is going to be great

Mr. Green

mike wrote:
I'm not convinced Tracy is going to be great. Good perhaps, but not great.

Crying or Very sad

A gal could really get a complex around here... Rolling Eyes

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: