ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Moderators, titles, news and such
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 1/28/2003, 11:40 pm    Post subject: Moderators, titles, news and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

I would like to thank all of you for getting on the site and using it and enjoying it for what it was made for.
In less than a month we have 100 members with 1742 posts from them. We've had people in here from other states and countries. Most of them came by word of mouth. Keep it up folks.

If any of you have old emails or websites of members of HAZ that haven't made it in here yet, then contact them or let me invite them. We started this site to give you all a place to meet and discuss hiking in a community forum. You've done well.

The site is quickly growing in size and traffic amount and we need some help to keep things running smoothly. We're in need of a few moderators to help with housekeeping. We would like you to nominate a few moderators, which you all will vote on later. You may have noticed evenstar has gained a moderator title on the board. We figured he would be pretty decent at it and he bought us dinner. Wink He also has a LOT of free time on his hands. Plus, I just like that I gave him his first job.

You may also notice that some of us have a special rank under our nickname under our avatar. As the thought strikes us, we will assign you one that resembles something about you. We'll post it and if you don't like it let us know. If you've got one in mind and it's clean enough we'll use that.

And one last bit of business, in order to keep our next to nothing cost of the site in order, I'll need to post a link to my company website on the first page of the ArizonaHikers.com site. I won't be asking you to buy or sell anything. I only need a link as an information tool. If anyone has a disagreement with me doing that or would feel uncomfortable with that, then please share your thoughts with us.

So start nominating, keep posting and keep your eyes open for further announcements about your site. ArizonaHikers.com

Thanks,
GTG
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 1/28/2003, 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

GTG wrote:

I would like to thank all of you for getting on the site and using it and enjoying it for what it was made for.

Ditto!! Ok
Kristyn

PostPosted: 1/29/2003, 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You're doin' a great job GTG! Sounds all good to me!
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 1/29/2003, 8:01 am    Post subject: First Nomination Reply to topic Reply with quote

First nomination for a moderator is for desertgirl.
Remember you can be a moderator for different categories on the board, so keep that in mind for your nominations.

Thanks,
GTG
paintninaz

PostPosted: 1/29/2003, 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Moderators, titles, news and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

GTG wrote:
You may have noticed evenstar has gained a moderator title on the board.

Um guys...are you sure this is a wise move? Chin Scratching don't you think this kind of power could go to his head? Eek

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/29/2003, 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Moderators, titles, news and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

GTG wrote:
And one last bit of business, in order to keep our next to nothing cost of the site in order, I'll need to post a link to my company website on the first page of the ArizonaHikers.com site. I won't be asking you to buy or sell anything. I only need a link as an information tool. If anyone has a disagreement with me doing that or would feel uncomfortable with that, then please share your thoughts with us.

GTG, with your company providing the server and technical support for our benefit I, for one, am in 110% support Exclamation
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/29/2003, 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: First Nomination Reply to topic Reply with quote

GTG wrote:
First nomination for a moderator is for desertgirl.

I second that nomination; excellent trail descriptions make her an ideal for "Trip Logs" & "Hiking, Backpacking & Camping" IMO.

There can more than one moderator in each forum, right?
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 1/29/2003, 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

There can more than one moderator in each forum, right?

Yep.
paintninaz

PostPosted: 1/29/2003, 2:42 pm    Post subject: another nomination Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'd like to make another nomination for a moderator...CatValet. Very Happy

He seems to have extensive knowledge of various areas around the state and would be ideal as a co-moderator with desertgirl for the "Hiking, Backpacking & Camping" topic...and his expertise in the "Equipment & Gear" category would make him a good choice for that area as well....and if that's not enough to keep him busy, seems a transportation planner would be good in the "Road Conditions" category, don't ya think?... Wink

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/29/2003, 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: another nomination Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:

I'll second that nomination too; especially the "Equipment and Gear". Think his dividend from REI would buy the Hoolimobile and he'd get change back Rolling Eyes
Mrs Mike

PostPosted: 1/29/2003, 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: another nomination Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:

I third your nomination, paintninaz! CatValet is VERY knowledgeable about this state (trails, roads, etc...). Very Happy
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 1/29/2003, 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, I have no problem with the link to your company GTG - go nuts. They're footing the bill so some unobrusive info is not a problem.

I nominate ck1 as a moderator for the Websites and Literature page. I'm pretty sure nobody outreads him. Plus he can keep supplying us with those darned annoying web pages.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/29/2003, 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ck1 for events too; he keeps us up to date on the REI presentations.
srlatty

PostPosted: 1/29/2003, 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

All of the above nominations have my vote. Plus the link to your company is fine also. They are footing the bill for the server space, so I think they should get some space here!

Daddee wrote:
Plus he can keep supplying us with those darned annoying web pages.

Wasn't that Mike that was so nice to give us that non-addictive game on the last site??
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 1/29/2003, 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

srlatty wrote:

Wasn't that Mike that was so nice to give us that non-addictive game on the last site??

Would I do that? Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> ** Announcements ** All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: