ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Why I live in Arizona
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hnak

PostPosted: 1/31/2003, 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I moved here (Prescott) with my family when my dad got tired of the traffic in S. Cal. I finished up college at the U. of A. and found a great job here. Been here ever since and really love it. Great climate, and reasonably close to the Canyon (my favorite playground...). Sure, the place is growing a lot, but one can still get out of town in 15 minutes and be in the mountains... I'm happy...
dennisbench

PostPosted: 1/31/2003, 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I moved here with my fiance and german shepherd last april. we knew we wanted to go west but originally weren't sure where. we thought montana, which is a place i would love to have a cabin eventually, up on flathead lake. unfortunately there are absolutely no jobs there, and the ones there are pay nothing. so we narrowed it down determing that i needed a university in the city, and one that had plenty of jobs. also hiking was actually very high on my list of places. when i looked at the maps of arizona there was just so much wilderness and open places. so we came out and in less than a year i love it, didn't mind the summer that much(winters in pa suck, so its a tradeoff), love the hiking possibilties, the winter weather is amazing, many teaching jobs here, and the advantages of a big city while not having the feel of the 6th largest city. so for us its the best of all worlds, yes as any place there are disadvantages, but our priorities make it so that they are outweighed heavily by the positives. anyway my two cents.
srlatty

PostPosted: 1/31/2003, 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ever since I was a little kid, I wanted to live "out West". Grew up in a small town in MO, moved to the big city (Chicago), still wanted to come out west. My in-laws came out to Tucson about 7 years ago, found a place in Green Valley and have become winter visitors. We visited them over the years and decided that if we ever had the option, we would move out here. My company had an opening at the Chandler site in 2000 and I jumped on it. Haven't looked back. We lived in Austin, TX for almost 6 years. We were here for less than 6 months and Tracee told me one day "I never really felt at home there, this is home!". Don't see us going anywhere for a long, long time! The climate, the desert, the wilderness areas! Where else can you live and have what we have here??
maryphyl
Grand Canyon Enchantress

PostPosted: 2/1/2003, 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Decided this info was not for the net. MP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: