ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Goldfield ramble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
ck1

PostPosted: 4/16/2004, 8:48 pm    Post subject: Goldfield ramble Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey all...I know this is last minute, but if anyone's looking for a Saturday AM hike...Mike and I are meeting at 8am at the Meridian Road trailhead (northern terminus of Meridian Road @ Usery Mtn Park) and heading up to the pass, then heading east to see what there is to see...if you're interested...meet us at the TH, or shoot me a pm...

"The Journey is the Destination"
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 4/16/2004, 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dam and double dam......I've always been tempted to hike from the Pass Mtn saddle down into that valley and head east to the other saddle. Would love to join you guys butI have to pick up that gun case at Randy & Patty's tomorrow morning. Unless Mike wants to stop by and get it for me and haul it down here! (OK...it was just a thought!)

I'd be interested to know what you guys find out there heading east so let me know!

Mr. Green
Trish

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
JW
I'll make rain with my spaceman powers!

PostPosted: 4/16/2004, 10:49 pm    Post subject: North and East Reply to topic Reply with quote

Trishness wrote:

I'd be interested to know what you guys find out there heading east so let me know!
Trish
Yeah, wish I could get out. too! I followed a game trail out there and found a coyote den. Also, because of ancient volcanic activity, there are a lot of cool minerals on the surface out there! Some valuable stuff, too.

There may be ruins back there, so let me know what you see. Head north and follow the terrain. Look to the East, too.

WhereverIroam and I found a ruin site coming down from Mt. Ord. Sadly, the whole mountain below the site has been riddled with mine shafts. When we investigated some of those shafts, we saw some numbers of bats actively feeding at mid-afternoon. So the mine shafts are big enough that they've been colonized by the bats who would normally reside in cave openings.
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 4/18/2004, 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Photos are up in the gallery. Trip log is coming... (right ck1?? Wink )
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 4/18/2004, 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Looks like a lot of fun! Great pictures! To bad I couldn't be there! I spent the day trying to find a way to keep my dog out of my strawberries!

I want to shine!
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 4/18/2004, 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You would've loved it Diane, lots of scrambling and climbing!
ck1

PostPosted: 4/18/2004, 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike did mention that he thought you'd have loved it!

I'll do the write up tomorrow...

"The Journey is the Destination"
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 4/19/2004, 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Can't wait to read about it! I will live vicariously through the two of you for now....

I want to shine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: