ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Quick Fix at Spur Cross Sat. 04/03/04
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
GTG
PostPosted: 4/2/2004, 6:55 pm    Post subject: Quick Fix at Spur Cross Sat. 04/03/04 Reply with quote

I'm going to try for a Spur Cross hike tomorrow if the rains aren't too much. The wash on the way in will be running and Cave Creek will be full I suppose too. I'm going to do a customized loop of sorts with a side trip to find the javalina skull I saw weeks ago without my camera and also another side trip to try to find an old plane crash. Interested? We should be back to the cars before 3:00 PM. I'm going to try for a 7:30 AM start. Post here first so I know how many beers for afterwards we need. Remember, it's $3.00 to get in each.

Love that rain,
GTG

Suzaz

PostPosted: 4/3/2004, 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Maybe I should try this one when the flowers aren't blooming!?!@#!Embarassed

I'm sure it was challenging to hang with me while I was pulling the camera in and out of my pack....thanks Jim for being such a sport.

The camera says I took 99 pics...but I know that can't be true....we didn't even make it to the top...LOL. I passed up so many flowers because I knew that I already had several of similar color.

I'm not sure which I feel most right now---the cactus that I sat on, the sore feet from the new shoes, or the whiplash in my neck from my head spinning around to snag all the views/flowers...didn't want to miss anything. Laughing
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 4/3/2004, 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My photos from today are up in the gallery. http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/album.php?a=albun75
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 4/4/2004, 12:53 am    Post subject: navigation and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yep we got rained on, it was pretty cool. I demonstrated where not to put your hands in the desert. We saw a really cool hawk on a rock just watching things. I navigated, missed one turn and took us where we hadn't planned to go.
Great day out overall.

GTG
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 4/4/2004, 10:25 pm    Post subject: pictures and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

I added my photos to Mike's set. If you're letting me lead and I say that the surroundings don't look familiar, and then I say it again, we took a wrong turn. We still knew where we were.

GTG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: