ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Ice, Snow and Cold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 3/11/2004, 11:01 pm    Post subject: Ice, Snow and Cold Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm getting a reality check. I know that I've been missing the snow and winter this year.

Well, I had a death in my family and returned to Minnesota. Last night, 2 inches of snow fell in about 15 minutes, with heavy winds. It was a white out, while my brother drove 5 mph. Today, the temps were -5 (without the windchill). I'm still hoping that it warms up (or at least the winds stop), when my brother says, "Nope, I'm not taking you fishing." I KNOW, the weather is bad. He never says no to fishing or hunting.

I've seen deer and bunnies walking through my parents yard, for the past 3 days.

My dad did warned me, if I attempt to hike in the woods, to be prepared to sink to my waist. Hmmm, bet I could be the first living snowwoman?! I am loving the snow, the cold isn't bothering me, but this wind and the whiteouts, are not pleasant. If I don't get to ice fish, I will really feel cheated. I love ice fishing, as much as I love to backpack.

I'll be back in Az. on Sun. I already miss the mountains, even if I am enjoying the snow. Mary
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 3/12/2004, 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My condolences Mary

(both for your loss, and for being in 'sota in the winter)

Hurry back
GTG
Was lost but now am found

PostPosted: 3/12/2004, 12:31 am    Post subject: I saw it and such Reply to topic Reply with quote

When we lived in New Jersey, I saw it snow thirty to forty inches in thirty hours one week. One time we had snow waist-deep in our yard, it took us twenty to thirty minutes to cross three hundred feet of yard going to the neighboors house. Nothing quite like the snows in areas further west but impressive all the same.
Sorry to hear of your loss.

GTG
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 3/12/2004, 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I am sorry for your loss Mary... Hurry back to our world soon where things are as they should be!

I want to shine!
Pokie

PostPosted: 3/12/2004, 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of your loss, please give our best wishes to your family. Stay warm!
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 3/12/2004, 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mary,

Sorry to hear of your loss. Glad you didn't become the "first snow-woman".

Trish

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 3/12/2004, 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mary, you have our condolences.

Keep warm!
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 3/12/2004, 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate you all. Mary
plummer150

PostPosted: 3/16/2004, 11:30 pm    Post subject: re: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Speaking of reality checks, I was just in Miami the other day only to arrive back in good olde Pennsylvania with 12 inches of snow in blizzard conditions...good to be back.... Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Other Outdoors Activities All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: