ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
wanna explore the Mazatzals with us March 6-7th?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 2/15/2004, 5:57 pm    Post subject: wanna explore the Mazatzals with us March 6-7th? Reply to topic Reply with quote

hello all, first I like to say that Im new on this site, but its nice to see a lot of familiar names! Very Happy happy happy mike...

anyway that "other" site lost the forum, so I cant rely on it no more.
I still want to go out to the Barnhardt trail up to chilson camp in March.
I have never seen this area but the one time I was scouting hunting grounds. All I remember was the Y-bar trail was a @#$%^!!
I wanna hike to the Chilson camp/spring soon to make sure we have pooled or running spring water. From the pics, I assume this is a beautiful campsite, rarely travelled compared to the Supes, and very close to my house. I would arrange carpooling from Fountain Hills if neccesary. Please PM me

what i do
AK

PostPosted: 2/15/2004, 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey Mike. Sounds good. I PMed you.

"Can't think of a good signature quote". - Me
CatValet
Got Gear?

PostPosted: 2/15/2004, 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I can't make that one Mike, but please report on water conditions when you return. I'm planning a trip thru that area in mid April, and would love a report on which springs, if any, have water. PM or email me if you have any trail questions.

PS- if there is no water at Chilson, where the pipe runs into a wood box, follow the pipeline uphill about 200 yds. It is exposed up there, and sometimes Brer' Bear smacks the pipe to get a quick drink. -R
MikeInFHAZ

PostPosted: 2/24/2004, 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

will do, I foresee plenty of water from the snowmelt, and Id bet the springs are trickling... there has to be pooled water, I'll let you know where I find it. I hope the weather pans out (90 % chance of good, right?) because Im taking just my footprint/fly combo. Someone remind me to take the camera, K?

what i do
CatValet
Got Gear?

PostPosted: 2/24/2004, 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mike: You might wanna call the Payson RD at 928-474-7900 and see if they have a fresh report. Dave there told me there was snow now. You may be post holing crotch deep before the Sandy Saddle junction (in a sense I hope so, we sure need it, but it would be nice if it all comes on weekdays). Maybe that tent body ain't such a bad idea....take care. -R
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: