ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Thank you Everyone!!!! (and about my ankle too...)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronney

PostPosted: 2/7/2004, 9:14 pm    Post subject: Thank you Everyone!!!! (and about my ankle too...) Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just wanted to take a minute to thank you all for being SO NICE! I never once felt rushed or like I was holding anyone up. It was nice of you to take the time for a newbie:) I really enjoyed today and can't wait to hike again....

My ankle has swollen up to twice its size AND is beginning to turn purple in spots. So we will see where its at tomorrow.

Anyhow, I feel such a sense of accomplishement today and my self-esteem is THROUGH THE ROOF! I am really proud of myself and I never thought I could have done anything like that.

THANK YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH!!!!

Ronney

PS I hope you all will have me again:)
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 2/7/2004, 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ronney,

Glad you had a good time and it was really nice to meet you today. You're always welcome to hike with any of us! We do the group hikes on the first Saturday of every month (except July) and all of us always have individual things going on throughout the month so just check in periodically.

Sorry about your ankle.........I wish you would have let me wrap it for you. Swelling and purple is NOT good. It looked pretty swollen when we stopped at Bluff Spring. Take ibuprofen, elevate and ice it down tonight and tomorrow.

Trish Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 2/7/2004, 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ronney, it was great meeting you, glad you decided to join us! You know you can no longer call yourself a newbie! Applause You did an incredible job today, especially given your injury!! Take care of it so you'll be ready to join us for more adventures!!
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 2/8/2004, 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Agree Way to go Ronney!!!! You did great! Others may have turned around and headed out when you hurt your ankle but you finished up the hike. You persevered and finished. We are proud of you! Looking for ward to hiking with you again!

I want to shine!
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 2/8/2004, 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Spinning on my head Great job Ronney! That was a great first hike! You ought to be proud of yourself. You've just joined the small percent of people who choose to be outdoors, instead of in front of a t.v. You do have to admit, it's a lot more interesting and fun! Mary
CatValet
Got Gear?

PostPosted: 2/8/2004, 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ronney: Great job! The treatment protocol is RICE. Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation. Ice the ankle 20 minutes several times a day, Wrap snugly in Ace bandage, take an anti-inflammatory (ibuprofen 600mg. every 8 hours or naproxyn 400 mg every 12 hrs.) As much as possible, keep it elevated. The circulation is poor in the extremeties, so it is best to keep it higher than the heart. Sleeping with the foot elevated on a couple pillows is a good plan too.

Keep off it as much as possible; Randy the medic strongly suggests that your husband wait on you hand and foot for at least three days!!
Suzaz

PostPosted: 2/8/2004, 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ronney,
I'm glad you could be a part of such an awesome hike. It was fun to see your energetic wave and hear your voice echoing through the canyon. Harley sure liked getting attention from you.

FYI----Purple is my favorite color..........however when you mix it with a snap, crackle or pop AND swelling.....I'm not sure I'd be liking that color for much longer. If you can get it checked out you really should.....ASAP.

(P.S. I have no medical backgroud---although I'm getting really good at cactus removal.)
Daryl

PostPosted: 2/8/2004, 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Great job Ronney! For the record you covered 10 miles with about 1500 feet of elevation gain. That's no small task for a first time out. Good luck with that ankle, there's a lot of good advice on this thread to make that thing heal quickly.

Next month's hike is a little shorter and has less elevation change. Hope to see you there.

PostPosted: 2/8/2004, 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I should be there:) Gonna try and talk hubbie into going too:)

Thanks for all your words of encouragment and advice about my ankle! Overall though, I gotta say, I like Randys best hehehehehehe:)

Ronney
phrankster

PostPosted: 2/8/2004, 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ronny, I'm glad you had a great time despite your ankle injury. This was also my first hike with these folks and I've got to say from my stand point, that even though you weren't there to witness it. These people were genuinely comcerned with you, that you were doing ok, that you would not be left behind or alone, and that you wouldn't be discouraged from any future hikes. What else can I say these are good people to be hiking with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: