ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Presidents Day backpack to Reavis Ranch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
evenstar
PostPosted: 1/6/2003, 6:57 pm    Post subject: Presidents Day backpack to Reavis Ranch Reply with quote

How about this: Head in to Reavis Ranch Saturday morning; those who choose can make it an in and out day hike; others camp Saturday night, hiking out Sunday; and then those who choose can camp both Saturday and Sunday nights, hiking out Monday.
I'd like to give it a shot, but am definately a greenhorn having done only one other backpack, the one with GTG and Kurthzone to BA Campground last October. Any others interested?

Sande J
Calamity J

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I had planned to do this in November, but backed out when the weather turned bad...so if you guys dont mind a chick taggin' along, I may want to get in on this! I might even bring my pack mule Laughing ..I would most likely do the one night stay and would be willing to hike back out on Sunday if anyone else is planning the same.
I'll look forward to the updates!
Sande J
tinhorn

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

hey Hooli want to take your backup with you ?
i'm in if there's room, like more information not familiar with that area.

tinhorn
ck1

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have a really poor history with making (or more acurately) keeping commitments about group hikes, but I'm kinda interested in this one...it's been on the list for way way too long...

"The Journey is the Destination"
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/9/2003, 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, I'm gonna be gone till the 24th (Oh man ....how many posts am I gonna....never mind). I know GTG's interested and he's familiar with the trail. Maybe when he gets a chance to take a breather he can post a little about it.
You can do a Google search for Elijah Reavis and pick up some really fascinating history. There's plenty of good water, meadows, the apple orchards, ruins of his ranch...I gotta go to bed! Would you people PLEASE quit posting and let me Crazy
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Nealz

PostPosted: 1/13/2003, 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sande J wrote:
I had planned to do this in November, but backed out when the weather turned bad...so if you guys dont mind a chick taggin' along, I may want to get in on this! Sande J

Happy to have you Sande. This isn't the he-man girl haters mens hiking society you know. Of course, you'll be expected to join in the usual y-chromosome rituals of cigar and good bourbon consumption Wink . You may even gain honorary guy status!

-Nealz
mike t

PostPosted: 1/13/2003, 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well the work schedule is out but is still in pencil, not ink. It looks good though. I guess that makes me about 90% in.

Mike
ck1

PostPosted: 1/13/2003, 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just consulted our marathon training guide...we're supposed to do 20 miles that Sunday...

"The Journey is the Destination"
jmzblond
J Me

PostPosted: 1/13/2003, 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I would love to go... tenatively count me in, too!! I need some backpacking experience, and this is something I definitely want to do.

"The romantic lifestyle of goats leaves a lot of time for digesting books" Charlotte La Chevre, (taken from "Conversations With A Goat" by Robert Shekter)
azhiker96

PostPosted: 1/18/2003, 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Count me in on this one. I've camped at Reavis but never visited circlestone. Last time I was there a cold front came through with rain and lightning starting in the evening and lasting all night and half of the next day. It turned the hike/drive out into quite an adventure. Smile
Desertboots
Applecart Overturner

PostPosted: 1/20/2003, 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reavis Backpack Reply to topic Reply with quote

How far is it to Reavis Ranch from the Roger's Trailhead? Is it uphill? (ha ha ha)

-=db=-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kristyn

PostPosted: 1/20/2003, 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Is anybody making this an in and out day hike? I would like to do this, but not sure if my car could make it in and out. Information anyone?
desert dweller

PostPosted: 1/21/2003, 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

O.K. Well with 25 years of hiking trails in Arizona, I guess I should think about doing something in the Superstitions for the first time.

Since I also have one of the Govment jobs, I get Presidents day off. (Wow, I also just got MLK's day off and did something different.)

So, I'm going to say with 99% certainty, that I will do this hike with you guys. I would be doing the backpack in and coming out on Monday. Hopefully, there are still spaces available to go the group.

I have a four-wheel drive p/u and can carry two others, (as long as one is small enough to sit in the center of a Dakota), with gear.

Count me in on this one.

John
Nealz

PostPosted: 1/22/2003, 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

desert dweller wrote:
O.K. Well with 25 years of hiking trails in Arizona, I guess I should think about doing something in the Superstitions for the first time.

That'd be be dandy, DD. Plus, parts of the hike will count towards your AZT totals!

-Nealz
Lizard

PostPosted: 1/22/2003, 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
I hope to be doing a 4-5 day Club Cabin trip that weekend, but enjoy.

Excellent! I'd love to see pictures or hear a trip report once you return.
"Men wanted for hazardous journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honor and recognition in case of success.”- Sir Ernest Shackleton, newspaper classified.
evenstar

PostPosted: 1/25/2003, 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, this backpacking trip was my idea and I may have to opt out. Crying or Very sad
Came home from my CA trip with a very sick dog. Bo may have Leptospirosis; will find out for sure next Wednesday when the test results are due. Even though Lepto can cause liver and kidney damage, Lepto would be the good news; otherwise looking at possible laporatomy for liver biopsy. Either way, if he recovers, it'll be a long recovery so I'm in limbo for a while.
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: