ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Who got to hike the day after Thanksgiving?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Polls Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who got to hike the day after Thanksgiving?
I did, I did!
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Nope, spent the day tucked in with family eating yummy left overs.
28%
 28%  [ 10 ]
No way! I went shopping!
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Other, feel free to tell us what you did.
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 35

Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 11/27/2004, 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

paintninaz wrote:
I did, I did! ...oh, I guess you already knew that (see Diane's post above)

Yeah Yeah

I could've sworn once those clouds lifted off Four Peaks we saw you crazy, wild women!

That was about 1:30 or so.

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 11/27/2004, 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Was up on Barnhardt today Shawn. It was my first time since the burn. I have to say, it was pretty wet up there. Lot's of running water and a few falls to boot. There were a few barren spots, but it was actually pretty nice.

Really enjoyable time I thought. Even with the traces of Willow burn.
Abe

PostPosted: 11/28/2004, 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nope. Stayed home with the family. We just moved into a new home, well not really, it's one of the oldest homes built in Prescott Valley in 1970. Lots of unpacking, putting away, dolling up to do still. And more importantly, domisticated home improvements that will need my attention and things I can teach our kid. I love it. And I am beginning to enjoy those home improvement shows. Shocking!

Already had a major crisis the second night here when our sewer backed up! Out of my league, but we made the effort to fix it before calling the plumber.

However, I am getting stressed, overloaded with civilization so I am looking at a backpacking trip in the Sycamore Canyon between Christmas and New Years.
DesertRoux

PostPosted: 11/28/2004, 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My brother and I went into Haunted Canyon from the North 203 enterance. We saw another group while we were down by the cabin. Was a fun hike. Got a little chilly that night. Thermo said 28. Now I'm back unfortunately to finish my master bath remodel. Confused
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 11/28/2004, 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I did Havasu Canyon again. I seem to have to do this in two's. It was amazing, there was water running all over in the canyon. With lots of water crossings. A huge difference from doing it at the end of summer. Lots of snow fall with melt off, it was beautiful with the running water from the top of the cliffs, not just the water falls. The weather was great, not for sun bathing, but still really great. Mary
paintninaz

PostPosted: 11/28/2004, 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mary, your Havasu photos are gorgeous! Looks like you guys had the whole place to yourselves! Agree

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
whereveriroam

PostPosted: 11/28/2004, 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Backpacked to Taylor Cabin from the Dogie TH with JW63. Cabin was in great shape, we found a cave, the creek was cranking and we had the place to ourselves. It did rain on and off for 6 hours during the night.
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 11/28/2004, 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There were plenty of places to camp at Havasu, didn't get one of my two favorite spots though! Maybe 30 people total, down there. Mary
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 12/1/2004, 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I did my 1st Sups hike with 2 great people (Trish and Mario). Turns out Trish's friend is from my neck of the woods. Surprised Reminiced about some of the stuff from back home. They were nice enough to allow me to stop for photo opportunities Smile (actually rest breaks, but who would know). It was a wonderful hike. The company great, the weather perfect and the scenery captivating. Finally got to meet Sun Hiker, Jim. Both she and GPSJOE seem very nice. Trish I caught them just coming off the trail back to the car just before I started to pull away and stopped for a minute to talk.
Very nice to meet you Sun Hiker and Gpsjoe !
JW63 I'll have you know you trained Trish very well!!! Stories and facts about the area. Oh yea and when I was acting like the kids asking how much further to some point or another I got the " Only another 1/4 mile" routine (You did good!) And she added a new one "Its all downhill from here". I really enjoyed that, no matter how far we had to climb to another crest, it was always "Its all downhill from here" Gave me a good laugh Laughing . I had a blast!!

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
JW
I'll make rain with my spaceman powers!

PostPosted: 12/3/2004, 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

wanderingsoul wrote:
The company great, the weather perfect and the scenery captivating. Finally got to meet Sun Hiker, Jim. Both she and GPSJOE seem very nice. Very nice to meet you Sun Hiker and Gpsjoe!

JW63 I'll have you know you trained Trish very well!!! Stories and facts about the area. Oh yea and when I was acting like the kids asking how much further to some point or another I got the " Only another 1/4 mile" routine (You did good!) And she added a new one "Its all downhill from here". I really enjoyed that, no matter how far we had to climb to another crest, it was always "Its all downhill from here" Gave me a good laugh :lol: . I had a blast!!
Excellent M! And yes, I'm known for "stretching" some of the downhills, hah-ha! Glad you guys had a good time. See you after the Ridgeline!

Since my house burned down, I now own a better view of the rising moon. - Masahide.
Trishness
The Snake Charmer

PostPosted: 12/3/2004, 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

WOOHOO to WanderingSoul for her first SUPES hike! We did have fun didn't we?

Now we HAVE to get her out on MORE!

No matter where ya are, it's only another 1/4 mile! AND it's all downhill too

Mr. Green

"Eastward the dawn rose, ridge behind ridge into the morning, and vanished out of eyesight into guess; it was no more than a glimmer blending with the hem of the sky, but it spoke to them, out of the memory and old tales, of the high and distant mountains." � J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of The Rings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: