ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Nov. 11 - 12 Ridgeline Camput/cookout
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(0) (4) (1)
User
User
desertgirl
Cholla
Daddee
outside1
User
Davis2001R6
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
evenstar
PostPosted: 10/31/2005, 12:31 pm    Post subject: Nov. 11 - 12 Ridgeline Camput/cookout Reply with quote

For those planning on joining the campout/cookout at LDSP the weekend of the Ridgeline, please indicate whether you'll be there Friday night, Saturday night or both nights, and what you plan on bringing to eat.

Hooli - Burger patties, buns, onions & mustard
Superstitions - Veggies and Dip, Maryland Cream of Crab Soup Woo Hoo!
Brat #1 - White Chili, fruit, bagels & cream cheese, and maybe some muffins for Sat. AM
Desertgirl - Salsa and Chips
Tim - Chips and dips Saturday night
Wanderingsoul - Corn to grill Friday, Chicken Breasts for Saturday
AZHiker96 and Deanda - multi-bean salad (3 or more) and apple crisp for Saturday night.
Cholla - Cherry Pie
Nighthiker - paper plates and utinsels
Brat #2 - Lime Glazed Banana bread (home made of course, one for each night)
"Aw, I was gonna make some of that!" Hooli weird!
GTG - guacamole and chips, pasta salad surprise, firewood and something else.
HIG - Brats, kraut and stuff
Tim - Brats and Hot links and fruit salad if he can get off his Moon

thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 11/10/2005, 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cholla,

Thanks for the plug about the camp chair! Hikngrl has me covered for that and Hooli has generously offered to lighten my load out by offering up some of his gear. All of your efforts on my behalf are greatly appreciated! I can't tell you how great it feels to have such good friends to come "home" to!! Thank you all! Very Happy
paintninaz

PostPosted: 11/10/2005, 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

thesuperstitions wrote:
and Hooli has generously offered to light my load out by offering up some of his gear.

He's not really trying to lighten your load, he's just making sure you've got room for all that soup!! Chuckle

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Cholla

PostPosted: 11/10/2005, 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yup! I'm very focused on the bowls and spoons. rofl
thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 11/10/2005, 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm bringing some "Old Bay" seasoning too, just in case there are some folks that can't eat anything with crabmeat in it without its distictive taste. I think it helps increase your ability to consume massive quantities of beer also. No real scientific data on that, just observations from living in "De By Gawd Cap'n" Southern Maryland! Very Happy
desertgirl

PostPosted: 11/10/2005, 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ken, looking forward to meeting ya ...... Very Happy
thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 11/10/2005, 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

desertgirl wrote:
Ken, looking forward to meeting ya ...... Very Happy
Likewise Ambika...

Looks like there'll be several old friends that I've never met!! Very Happy
outside1

PostPosted: 11/10/2005, 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OK, I am finally sure I can attend Friday Night’s gathering. I am at a bit of a loss as to what to bring do we have a “main” dish? I see Hooli is bringing Burger patties, buns – is that for both nights? If not - which one? I would be happy to bring some for Friday night, but I do not have a portable grill. Does any have any ideas for suggestions (I can bring anything – with a reasonable $ amount) ?
evenstar

PostPosted: 11/10/2005, 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

outside1 wrote:
OK, I am finally sure I can attend Friday Night’s gathering. I am at a bit of a loss as to what to bring do we have a “main” dish? I see Hooli is bringing Burger patties, buns – is that for both nights? If not - which one? I would be happy to bring some for Friday night, but I do not have a portable grill. Does any have any ideas for suggestions (I can bring anything – with a reasonable $ amount) ?

I'm doing burgers Friday night only, Tony. How about you bring apple pie 'cause I'm also bringing ice cream to top it with!
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 11/10/2005, 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Since it looks like we are short on meat for Saturday night, I will bring some Brats and Hot Links as well, may even bring some fruit salad if I get off my rear tomorrow!
thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 11/10/2005, 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wasn't Tom signed up for brats? Can't remember which night.
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 11/10/2005, 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

More brats the merrier... oh wait, isn't 2 enough?

Yeah, I'm picking some up too. Some kraut and stuff too.

There will be plenty of things to eat. Believe me.
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 11/10/2005, 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:

Wasn't Tom signed up for brats? Can't remember which night.

I forget? Maybe Mr. Kiss It!! Kiss It!! just forget to update the "list"
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 11/10/2005, 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Good gawd... definitely the wrong emoticon for Hooli. Oh, I get it... 2 brats... he will be rip-snorting in here soon.

Yeah, the old "crotchety-rocket" is the keeper of 'this' domain.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/10/2005, 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ken, don't worry about the OLD BAY. I have some I can bring that way you won't have to pack it.

I want to shine!
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/10/2005, 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tony, what ever you do just don't wear the same trail runners you wore on the rim to rim! Are your ankles in hiking shape already? I figured it would take at least a year!

I want to shine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: