ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Nov. 11 - 12 Ridgeline Camput/cookout
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(0) (4) (1)
User
User
desertgirl
Cholla
Daddee
outside1
User
Davis2001R6
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
evenstar
PostPosted: 10/31/2005, 12:31 pm    Post subject: Nov. 11 - 12 Ridgeline Camput/cookout Reply with quote

For those planning on joining the campout/cookout at LDSP the weekend of the Ridgeline, please indicate whether you'll be there Friday night, Saturday night or both nights, and what you plan on bringing to eat.

Hooli - Burger patties, buns, onions & mustard
Superstitions - Veggies and Dip, Maryland Cream of Crab Soup Woo Hoo!
Brat #1 - White Chili, fruit, bagels & cream cheese, and maybe some muffins for Sat. AM
Desertgirl - Salsa and Chips
Tim - Chips and dips Saturday night
Wanderingsoul - Corn to grill Friday, Chicken Breasts for Saturday
AZHiker96 and Deanda - multi-bean salad (3 or more) and apple crisp for Saturday night.
Cholla - Cherry Pie
Nighthiker - paper plates and utinsels
Brat #2 - Lime Glazed Banana bread (home made of course, one for each night)
"Aw, I was gonna make some of that!" Hooli weird!
GTG - guacamole and chips, pasta salad surprise, firewood and something else.
HIG - Brats, kraut and stuff
Tim - Brats and Hot links and fruit salad if he can get off his Moon

thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 11/8/2005, 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I picked up the soup today. Six 15 oz cans. Each makes 30 oz of soup when combined with an equal amount of half-and-half. That's nearly 6 quarts... about a cup each for 12 people on 2 nights. (somebody check my math here!!!!) Will that be enough for both nights do you think, or should I pick up some more?
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/8/2005, 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Holy Crap! That's a lot of soup! You don't have to bring that much! You gonna hire a plane just to get it here?

I want to shine!
thesuperstitions

PostPosted: 11/8/2005, 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

But I see that there are lots of people showing up, and a cup apiece isn't that much. I'm figuring that Hooli's good for a half-gallon each night! Twisted Evil
evenstar

PostPosted: 11/8/2005, 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

mike wrote:
evenstar wrote:

And I don't gotta be civil if I don't wanna!

As if you'd even know how... Rolling Eyes

And even wanna learn! Evil or Very Mad
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
--Rudyard Kipling, from Just So Stories, 1902
evenstar

PostPosted: 11/8/2005, 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

thesuperstitions wrote:
But I see that there are lots of people showing up, and a cup apiece isn't that much. I'm figuring that Hooli's good for a half-gallon each night! Twisted Evil

Yes
When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog anymore, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always. Take him with you when you go hunting."
paintninaz

PostPosted: 11/8/2005, 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

thesuperstitions wrote:
But I see that there are lots of people showing up, and a cup apiece isn't that much.

It's not a lot if that's all you're eating...but this is an AZH potluck, my guess is we're gonna have plenty of food to feed everyone (and then some!) Wink

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 11/8/2005, 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

As of this posting, it looks like 13 for Friday night, and 14 for Saturday night.

I agree with Paint, there will be plenty of grub both nights.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 11/8/2005, 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I just got two bundles of wood for the fire!

I want to shine!
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 11/9/2005, 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Caleb and I will definitely be there for Friday night. We won't be camping, but we will eat and stay by the fire for a bit.

I'm thinking of bringing some chili - but I'm willing to fill in the gaps of whatever we're missing. So, if there are any requests - let's hear them.

Remember that I'm only 15 minutes away from LDSP, so anything I bring can be nice and cold/fresh.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
Cholla

PostPosted: 11/9/2005, 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

A couple of questions about the hike. Seems like the pace is set at about a mile an hour considering this will be an all day adventure. I also noted that in past hikes some stragglers came in after dark. So as noted I threw my light in the pack.

Depending on the hike I sometimes throw my alcohol stove and pot in the pack and bring along a cup noodle for a lunch break. Sometimes I make a cup of coffee. And sometimes I just through hike munching as I go with a couple of short breaks. Is there a general plan for the pace on Saturday?

I'm fine for whatever the flow is going to be.

Aside from the cherry pie I bought a couple of bags of potato chips today, have a small bundle of wood, and will try and get some crackers to go with the chowder. Anyone bringing soup bowls? I can get those, too?

And I am so excited about this weekend. I can hardly wait!!! Multi Spinning on my head Hiking Hiking Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
evenstar

PostPosted: 11/9/2005, 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cholla wrote:
Anyone bringing soup bowls? I can get those, too?

And I am so excited about this weekend. I can hardly wait!!! Multi Spinning on my head Hiking Hiking Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hey Cholla, think soup bowls are good idea.
paintninaz

PostPosted: 11/10/2005, 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cholla wrote:
Is there a general plan for the pace on Saturday?

We generally each hike at our own pace, with a group this large what usually happens is we'll end up breaking off into smaller groups...those that hike faster lead the way (we may or may not see them again the rest of the day), the moderate hikers remaining in the middle of the pack, and the slower paced folks bringing up the rear...the groups will shift around here and there as some catch up to others or others begin to tire and need to slow down.

We use to all gather and have lunch together, but that didn't happen on the last WFW and I don't know what the past procedures have been on previous Ridgeline hikes, so I can't answer that.

Does that answer you question at all, or did I just confuse things more? Crazy

soup bowls would be handy for chili also, so I think we could use a few! Wink

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 11/10/2005, 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cholla wrote:
Is there a general plan for the pace on Saturday?

The group has been slightly smaller the past few years, and we were able to play bumper tag most of the way. Some will finish in record time, and some will fall back. The key, as with any arduous hike, is try not to break off alone. Safety is in numbers.

Make sure you are prepared for anything to occur up there. Last year we got hit with a winter storm unexpectedly. Stuff happens.
Cholla

PostPosted: 11/10/2005, 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll bring all the bowls for chili and soup, plus a bunch extra, so that's covered.

Got my day pack out last night and checked it. You can tell I'm getting excited. It was already to go anyway as I always get things ready for the next hike or trip as soon as I finish the previous one.

Don't forget to throw a camp chair in the back of your car for sitting around at camp. I'll bring an extra one just in case someone forgets. Besides the Superstitions is flying in so he'll want to relax too.
Cholla

PostPosted: 11/10/2005, 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've plastic spoons covered for the soup as well. Might as well make it a matching set. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: