ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
A Happy Place
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shihiyea

PostPosted: 12/17/2003, 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I can just see Snick's now, riding in his Taurus he converted into a Jeep, wearing an orange vest (only) waving around a flare. (Let's hope it's a very wet year) Screaming, "Daryl, it's my way or the highway, dude! I'm the BOSS!" When indiscreatly, Snick burns "something" and Daryl thinks to himself......hmmmmm, maybe I should have told him the dangers of nude flaring!
snick33

PostPosted: 12/17/2003, 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

"Nude Flaring" a whole new sport, not for the faint of heart at that!
matt gilbert

PostPosted: 12/17/2003, 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Nighthiker wrote:
pull up survey stakes instead.

Amen.

I believe that Nighthiker is referring to Edward Abbey's "The Monkey Wrench Gang". If you've never read any of his works you should give him a try, he's interesting to say the least...

As to the reference, think of it this way; every time you pull up a survey stake you're striking a blow against the contractors that are helping destroy our wild-lands.
Tom Treks
Gear Addict

PostPosted: 12/17/2003, 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

matt gilbert wrote:
Nighthiker wrote:
pull up survey stakes instead.

Amen.

I believe that Nighthiker is referring to Edward Abbey's "The Monkey Wrench Gang". If you've never read any of his works you should give him a try, he's interesting to say the least...

As to the reference, think of it this way; every time you pull up a survey stake you're striking a blow against the contractors that are helping destroy our wild-lands.

Okay, okay. You're waaay too serious too Dood. Wow. Deja Vu...

Is that where the term "throw a monkey wrench into the mix" came from?

Cool
snick33

PostPosted: 12/17/2003, 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm not a spoil sport, it's just that I've decided that if I have a complaint about the war in Iraq, I think I'd rather post to a group on the internet called "Iraq, Love It or Leave It", I just don't want my hobby, my passion, to become controversial.

But it hard, because someone comes along and says something like "pull the survey stakes" when I known damned well it's not the surveyor or the developer that screws things up, but the guy who buys the house, that's the type of thing that I'd would never want to say, yea, never, because it's kinda like guns don't kill people, people kill, well you got the idea, but thank God I'm not going to talk about issues like that any more.
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 12/17/2003, 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
but thank God I'm not going to talk about issues like that any more.

Um....yea....

Whatever. Mr. Green

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
snick33

PostPosted: 12/17/2003, 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well I asked you to help me stop and now look whats happening Olesma, it's all your fault! Oh . . . . all the humanity . . . . . . . . . . .
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 12/18/2003, 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

[Vincent Price laugh]HA! HA! HA! HA![/Vincent Price laugh]

All my diabolical plans are falling into place just as I envisioned them.

Now, I just need to check and make sure I'm not forgetting anything. And then make sure that I remember to purchase the right equipment - and I'll be supreme ruler of the universe by 2nd quarter 2004, assuming control margins reamin active at a 10% market share gain through the first quarter.

Excellent.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
snick33

PostPosted: 12/18/2003, 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I noticed one of my favorite words in that article, "Usurped" I love that word, it's right up there with Malady, Arapaho, and Smitten. While I'm tossing words about, my favorite name for a city is "Pinnepog" it's in the Thumb of Michigan. It's about seven miles North of "Bad Axe", my second favorite name for a city.
sherileeaz

PostPosted: 12/18/2003, 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I find that AZ has some interesting names for cities, take "Surprise" for instance. Anyone know the origin of it??? We almost moved there and I was going to send out cards saying, "Surprise! We now live in Surprise"

Sheri
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 12/18/2003, 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Why. Dismayed
Daryl

PostPosted: 12/18/2003, 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My favorite city name: Pardeeville, Wisconsin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: