ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Holiday Party 2008
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Saturday in December should we have the Christmas Party?
December 6
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
December 13
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
December 20
75%
 75%  [ 18 ]
None of the above - Friday or Sunday is a better day for me.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 24

Registration
(14) (1) (3)
User
Davis2001R6
GTG
Hikngrl
kurthzone
desertgirl
Hnak
Tom Treks
paintninaz
beckett
sbkelley
aspen_oaks
Valet2
bigfoot
outside1
User
wanderingsoul
User
jdahling
gpsjoe
Trishness
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
jdahling
PostPosted: 10/20/2008, 10:32 am    Post subject: Holiday Party 2008 Reply with quote

SO - let's start talking about the Holiday party in December, it will be here before you know it...

How does this normally work? Can we mix it up a bit this year? Who wants to host? Is there a gift exchange?

Sorry - but weekends will fill up quickly and I wanted to get this one on the calendar!
Smile

*******************UPDATES*******************
Date: Dec 20th
6:00 PM Start Time

Gift Exchange - $20.00 - $25.00 For A Hiking Related Gift

Now - on to the gifts & the menu.

MENU -
Hikngrl and GTG - cheese and meat board with crackers and bread

Suz - SOMETHING

desertgirl - Spicy Mediterranean Dip + Hummus + Pita

TomTreks - some artichoke dip, and dare I say it, crackers

Davis2001R6 - house, booze, stuffed mushrooms, pigs in zen, jello shots, bacon wrapped dates.

paintininaz - some cheese and green chili tamales and chicken and green chili ones

kurthzone - enchiladas

wanderingsoul - meat balls

beckett - some kind of cake

Suz

PostPosted: 12/20/2008, 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tim---nasty flu here, I won't make it. Crying or Very sad
Projectile vomiting 30+ times for over 10 solid hours........I'll spare you the rest of the details.
Have fun!
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 12/20/2008, 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sorry Suz, Jen had that a few weeks ago---no fun.
GeorgAz

PostPosted: 12/21/2008, 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz, I had that on Weds, night and Thurs...startted with evil migraine and projectile awfulness....cat thought I had a hairball! Amazing what a little 'bug" can do to us!
Suz

PostPosted: 12/21/2008, 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

GeorgAz wrote:
.cat thought I had a hairball! !

now THAT is funny!

I am better today---thankfully. Vomiting out the window down US 60, on the inside of my car, in my hair, down my leg....... was all very memorable.

Now someone tell me what I missed at the party!!! What about the food, the gifts?
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 12/21/2008, 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tim and Jen,
Thanks so much for opening up you home to allow us to enjoy. It was a real nice get together. Chatting, laughter and the presents. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Even Hank made it down, nice to see you Hank and glad all is well.
Good to see everyone and if I missed anyone, Merry Christmas.
Linda's Grand Baby made a hit, such a cutie and good natured .... stayed up the entire time and enjoyed herself.
One present in particular seemed to go over well. I don't remember exactly who ended up with it but it was passed several times around. Ambika had it at one time and it was taken. Diane took it, wanted it for Todd Laughing but she lost it too. Todd got it back but it was taken from him and found a final home. Some soap leaves and towel a really good backpacking item.

Glad you feel better, you missed lots of good food (surprisingly we didn't run out) Shocked Don't think that will ever happen with this group do you? and Tim had a selection of jello flavors that went over well. Some more potent than others but all tastey. I tried every flavor. Sorry you didn't make it, it was fun.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
beckett

PostPosted: 12/21/2008, 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Jen and Tim...just wanted to thank you for the hospitality. It was nice listening to all the chatter and to see everyone in good spirits. I know it's been a year of real health challenges for many but everyone looked happy and healthy last night! Best wishes to all!
Linda

-- Walter Winchell, American newspaper commentator
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 12/21/2008, 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What a great time! We missed those who weren't there but the party had to go on and go on it did! Todd and I had a great time and I got the soap leaves in the end! Todd will get a bath next backpack we go on no doubt!!! Wink

Thank you Tim and Jen! You were oh so tolerant of our shinanigans! I still say I want the present in the silver wrapping paper!!!!

None of us remembered to bring fire wood so we didn't get to give Tim's fire place in the back yard it's yearly use but we put the bar to good use!

The rip-a-gift was lots of fun with lots of really fun gifts! Todd is still thinking of new uses for the giant carabiner he got!

I want to shine!
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 12/21/2008, 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It was our pleasure (well mainly mine) to have everyone over. Great to see everyone together. Food was great as always.

Stan, thanks for the enchiladas, I feel like I stole them from and not let you leave with them though. Believe me they are going to good use though.

I'm not sure who brought the desert thing that's a baked gooey chocolate brownie cake, but that was very good for breakfast.

Too bad I couldn't convince anyone to go to Browns Peak today, but it was probably good in the end as I woke up at 9:30 and with a sore throat and have been fighting congestion all day.

Hope to see you all again soon.

-TIM-
Suz

PostPosted: 12/22/2008, 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Davis2001R6 wrote:
I woke up at 9:30 and with a sore throat and have been fighting congestion all day.

I'm thinking you bess be hittin the chicken soup because that snow is on the way!
kurthzone
Thread Killer

PostPosted: 12/22/2008, 7:13 pm    Post subject: my pleasure Reply to topic Reply with quote

Davis2001R6 wrote:
It was our pleasure (well mainly mine) to have everyone over. Great to see everyone together. Food was great as always.

Stan, thanks for the enchiladas, I feel like I stole them from and not let you leave with them though. Believe me they are going to good use though.

I'm not sure who brought the desert thing that's a baked gooey chocolate brownie cake, but that was very good for breakfast.

Too bad I couldn't convince anyone to go to Browns Peak today, but it was probably good in the end as I woke up at 9:30 and with a sore throat and have been fighting congestion all day.

Hope to see you all again soon.

-TIM-

Thanks Tim & Jen for a great party. By the way, I did use the fireplace, forgot I left a cigar in there. Oh well, it'll burn up with the next fire. As for the enchiladas, my pleasure. I never intended to bring any home because we had them the week before. ENJOY! And get well soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: