ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
DBG Chihuly: The Nature of Glass December 14th 12:00-4:00
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
(8)
User
GTG
desertgirl
Hikngrl
wanderingsoul
si na ti
beckett
outside1
CatValet
EVENT DETAILS

Event Coordinator
Hikngrl
PostPosted: 11/18/2008, 8:48 pm    Post subject: DBG Chihuly: The Nature of Glass December 14th 12:00-4:00 Reply with quote

Some of us have reservations for this and thought we would post it in case anyone else wanted to join us! Reservations are nessesary and can be made through the DBG web site at this link!
http://www.dbg.org/index.php/chihuly

We would love to see any of you out there! It should be a fun afternoon. We are planning to do dinner some where afterwards as well.

Suz

PostPosted: 12/14/2008, 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey, I am going to make it today, too but will be there after doing lunch with my Gma.
desertgirl

PostPosted: 12/14/2008, 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz wrote:
Hey, I am going to make it today, too but will be there after doing lunch with my Gma.

Suz & I will be there about 1:30 pm may be a bit early.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 12/15/2008, 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

We got a cloudy afternoon so not much play of light on the glass but it was still a fun afternoon. The installation was beautiful and fit in at the gardens so nicely. Enjoyed walking around with every one and seeing the colors and shapes. It really did help that we had seen the special on channel 8 about Chihuli and the process of glass blowing that is used to create the displays. Way cool!

Dinner afterward was fun and way good! Can't believe Todd and Tony ate that entire calzone!!!!!

I want to shine!
desertgirl

PostPosted: 12/15/2008, 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=albvz19&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php&page=1
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 12/16/2008, 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Very pretty glass displays. Probably very different looking when lit up and seeing through your own eyes. I can't imagine being able to create such art work. It is a talent. I haven't even looked at my pics to see if I got any good shots. But I'm sure they won't comare to Amika's. Was a bit nippy when I arrived but warmed up by afternoon, it turned out quite nice. That was a Huge Calzone, but all that walking must have made Todd & Tony very hungry, Not! Looks like they enjoyed it.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: