ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Reavis Ranch from Rogers Trough

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 12/2/2003, 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reavis Ranch from Rogers Trough Reply to topic Reply with quote

Reavis Ranch from Rogers Trough Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:00 am Sun Dec 14, 2003 sredfield
Some hiking folks from a trip I was on last summer are coming to town in Dec and I want to show them some local adventure. Reavis Ranch is one of my favorite hikes. Any and all are welcome, it's an in and out with few chances to follow the wrong trail, so you can go as far or as little as you like. This will not be an "epic pace" hike unless you want it to be.

In case you are not familiar with the trip, it's about 12 miles in the eastern Superstitions, not a great deal of elevation change but some, and the ranch itself is very nice, with some interesting history. See hike # 109 in Carlson and Stewart's book.

Logistics
Meet at 7:00 AM at the McDonalds in Gilbert; SW quadrant of Baseline and Gilbert Road. (US 60 to Gilbert, right (south) on Gilbert for 1/2 mile to Baseline, McD's is in front of you on the right. Big shopping center parking lot. I'd use the golf course lot but they lock that up at night.

The road to the TH is usually ok, higher clearance is better but you see sedans there, and they can not all be rental cars. Hopefully we will have enough high clearance vehicles to car pool. Mine is full already.

Please send me a note (PM) if you are planning on coming along, not necessary but it helps to know the count.

See you there!
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 12/15/2003, 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Karen, Cindy, Joyce, Jerry, Dave, Wayne, Shawn did this hike Sunday. There was a light dusting of snow most of the way, which added a nice touch. Great weather - sunny and in the 40's and 50's. We'd worried about the road but not a problem. Met two back packers as we were going in. Found a camp fire still burning not far past the last stream crossing and up into the fields south of the old building site. We buried it in snow and stirred the ashes to find the trash left there. Don't people get it?!!

Good trip, but geeze, we could have been at the mall. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: