ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Camping Soldier Creek Campground- 10/10-10/12/08

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deborah

PostPosted: 10/7/2008, 10:38 am    Post subject: Camping Soldier Creek Campground- 10/10-10/12/08 Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hi, Randy said you are a great group of campers. I am inviting you on a carcamp this weekend in the Pinalenos near Safford, AZ. I intend to camp at Soldier Creek Campground which is about 8500 feet or higher so it should be cold.
I haven't had any bites from SAHC , but will go anyway since I love to camp and haven't been up there this year yet.
I intend on going down Friday night to Essance of Tranqility to stay over night and then drive up Swift Trail Sat. AM after breakfast no later than 8 AM
I could meet people at the Swift Trail near the old bar which now has a new name.
I want to go down Ash Creek Trail to Ash Creek Falls overlook as a dayhike. 8 miles about 1200 feet elevation lose/gain . Down first and then back up.
I haven't been down the trail since the big fire a few years ago in 04.

If your interested in joining me email me at moondancer627@juno.com

We will depart camp Sunday AM after a nice breakfast and coffee.
Hikngrl
Canyoneering is my 'Happy Place'

PostPosted: 10/7/2008, 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Deborah, Randy was indeed correct we are great! However, and I only speak for 8 of us, but those eight will be in the Canyon this weekend. Thanks for the invite and I do hope to meet you some day soon! Don't give up on us and watch for upcoming events on the calendar and up coming events section of the front page. We try and put together a GHOTM (group hike of the month) for each month which gives us lots of opportunities to gather and hike enjoy eachothers company. Eating is often involved as well so hang around!

I want to shine!
jdahling

PostPosted: 10/7/2008, 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Deborah,
Unfortunatley - this is a bad weekend all the way around. There was a GHOTM attempted for this time too, but has been canceled due to availability.

While I won't be able to attend - definitely watch this space and perhaps we'll meet on another hike.

Enjoy your trip.

"Life is an adventure ... Made for an adventurer ..."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
azhiker96

PostPosted: 10/8/2008, 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My brother lives in Safford and Mt. Graham is a beautiful place to camp and hike. I've also soaked at E of T hotsprings which was nice. Unfortunately, I'm on a medical mission this coming weekend. Otherwise, I'd love to go there.

The fire has dropped a few trees across the trail. My brother and I cleared some of it a couple of months ago. It was kinda slow since we were limited to hand tools but it was fun.
Deborah

PostPosted: 10/8/2008, 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

NO Bites on the pinaleno's car camp and it looks like it could get nasty again this weekend with Thunderstorms Sat. night so I will be camping Lower at Turkey Creek Campground after sub guiding a hike a Monte Vista Peak.
One of our guides had emergency appendix removal at the end of last month.
Enjoy your weekend! Very Happy

Bring on the rain!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: