ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Several great Thanksgiving holiday hikes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Out of State Hikes Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
IGO

PostPosted: 11/25/2007, 11:18 pm    Post subject: Several great Thanksgiving holiday hikes Reply to topic Reply with quote

I spent most of my time out at the lake hiking this long weekend. Lake Mead NRA.
I had a very pleasant visit with a native.

http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=albvm72&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Suz

PostPosted: 11/26/2007, 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

WOW! What a special treat! Thanks for sharing.
IGO

PostPosted: 11/26/2007, 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thank you. No better place to share than here.
Arizonaheat
Got Supes Juice?

PostPosted: 11/26/2007, 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

IGO, awesome photo's of the bighorn!!!!!!!!!!!

Spent 4 days in the Canyon off the North Rim and didn't see another soul the whole time, now that was awesome too!
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 11/26/2007, 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Awesome shots there IGO. Now is "bowl of fire" local slang for "valley of fire" up of I-15?
IGO

PostPosted: 11/26/2007, 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks Heat. I have two precious weeks a year and a pitiful 6 holidays. Today I was thinking that I might start using a day at a time for one of those weeks like the monday before Christmas and the one before new years and the friday after Thanksgiving so I too can get out fout those 4 days gigs out to nowhere. We'll see.
IGO

PostPosted: 11/26/2007, 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Tim, I was just thinking this morning "When is somebody going to ask if this is one-in-the-same?" No Tim, they are different but still the same. Valley of Fire up I-15 is a State Park that borders Lake Mead NRA in the north. Bowl of Fire is 50 miles south IN Lake Mead NRA but it is a re-surfacing of the same stuff and in the same mountain range as Valley of Fire but much closer to my house. It's smaller but no less spectacular. Now in the pictures with the sheep you will also see "Red Stone" which is again the same stuff but only about 200 acres (you couldn't climb everything in the 200 acres in a week of climbing) and is within line of sight and 10 miles of Bowl of Fire. This park, LMNRA, is paradise for exploring because none of this stuff is on trail. Everytime I pick a new direction it's like someplace I've never been before because it's someplace I've never been before. LOL.
Abe

PostPosted: 11/26/2007, 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Awesome pic's!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Out of State Hikes All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: