ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Are you right or left brained?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
paintninaz

PostPosted: 10/11/2007, 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I knew it! Ok

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Abe

PostPosted: 10/11/2007, 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

My right. Tried to get it to go the other way; however, I'm to wore out. My brain hurts.
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 10/11/2007, 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow that was weird. Saw it Clockwise all the way and couldn't figure out how to switch it. Then suddenly it switched with like every other blink.

That makes sense that I'm right brain dominant as I'm left handed. Always heard they are opposites.
mike
What box?

PostPosted: 10/11/2007, 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'm right brained and right handed. I see her going clockwise, but if I concetrate, eventually I can see her going counter-clockwise. After a few turns, though, she always goes back the other way.
wanderingsoul

PostPosted: 10/12/2007, 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I saw clock-wise..guess I'm right brained. And I'm right handed, although I 've been told I do certain things left handed. Didn't take the time to try to make her reverse, too early and I need some coffee first. I'll check it again later and see if I can switch her pattern. The mind works in mysterious ways.

Positive Thinking Is the Spark that Makes Dreams Happen~~~Unknown
Shawn
I'll sell you map to Lost Dutchman mine!

PostPosted: 10/12/2007, 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

She's spinning clockwise, and I can't change it. But then I'm an aging male and we don't do well with change, do we ya'll.
Valet2
Peppermint Patty

PostPosted: 10/13/2007, 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

first clockwise, then counter-clockwise, then back to clockwise.. Crazy I know, I know... Can't make up my mind... ha! Is it because I am Cross-Dominate or simply because I am female! Rolling Eyes
azhiker96

PostPosted: 10/13/2007, 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The first time I checked this it was always clockwise and that seems to be the dominant direction for me. However, if I concentrate on her lower foot I can get her to change directions.
paintninaz

PostPosted: 10/13/2007, 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I see her always going clockwise...until I start reading some of the stuff on the left side of the page, then I see her out of the corner of my eye, and she switches directions and spins counter-clockwise. If I just watch her for a bit longer, she goes back to clockwise.

I originally thought maybe she was "programmed" to spin one way then another after a certain amount of time...and what everyone was seeing just depended on when they clicked on and watched her.

But I've tried it several different times and each time it's the same...no matter how long I just watch her as she spins clockwise, she never changes directions until I start reading something. And she'll spin that way for quite awhile, but always goes back to clockwise (as I get bored "concentrating", perhaps?)

Interesting stuff...I'll have to ask some folks I work with about this.

“Friends make the bad times good — and the good times unforgettable.”
Daddee
I once was a slug.

PostPosted: 10/13/2007, 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

These kind of simplistic tests kind of bother me. According to this test I'm "right-brained" but according to nearly every other test I'm "left-brained."

The truth (as always) lies in the middle. One of the larger myths of popular conception s of brain science is that we are "left-" or "right-brained." Nobody is purely "left-" or "right-brained" - we all use ALL of our brains (the old "we only use 10% of our brains is an even bigger myth - we use all of our brains, just at different times). True, for certain activities we predominantly use either the left or right side of our brains to lesser or greater degrees, and for other tasks we use even portions of our brains.

The brain is so incredibly complex and so poorly understood that it is almost a tragedy to pin something so simplistic on it as "watch this picture to determine if you're left or right brained"

The test is very fascinating and I would LOVE to see some more careful study on it (it is essentially an optical illusion wich is a resurgent method of studying perception) and the implications of it are definitely worth looking at.

Sorry for the passion about the subject. This is, after all, one of the primary subjects involved in my current studies and I get a little excited about it.

Interestingly enough, this same image is causing quite a stir in the academic community. Primarily because of the same reasons I state above (the simplistic interpretation) but it has also sparked a lively debate over what exactly the mechanism is that is at work in how the image is interpreted and how people can alter the perception of the image.

Like I said - it is very, very cool - I just get botherd by the pop-culture interpretation of the results.

"...haven't you lived long enough to know that two men may honestly differ about a question and both be right?"
- Abraham Lincoln
IGO

PostPosted: 10/13/2007, 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Daddee? are you......taking this ....seriouly? Shocked

Wink
azhiker96

PostPosted: 10/14/2007, 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

IGO,
Oh, so, I guess I shouldn't base the rest of my life decisions on this test?!?
Darn, I guess it's back to the tried and true, horoscope for me. Wink
lzyboy

PostPosted: 10/14/2007, 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've got dial-up so she is just standing still for me... Tried closing one eye, then the other. Nothin'. I think I got her to do a cartwheel once, but couldn't really tell if she went to the right or the left, cuz I dropped my doobie just about then... Seems like she might be a bit chilly, tho... Oh, and I think her shoe is untied... The left one...

Rosalia de Castro
Suz

PostPosted: 10/14/2007, 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

She is so clockwise that I have no idea how you all got her going counter clockwise unless of course you've been drinking (I'll try that later tonight) or perhaps you liive on the opposite side of the equator. All you counter clockwise folks.....which way does your toilet flush?

Pete---no shoes Crazy ........and I'm on dial up and couldn't find her at all until I used Safari.
lzyboy

PostPosted: 10/14/2007, 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Suz wrote:
Pete---no shoes Crazy ........and I'm on dial up and couldn't find her at all until I used Safari.

By golly, you're right (or left). She musta kicked 'em off while I wasn't looking! Dang dial-up...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Off-Trail Area All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: