ArizonaHikers Portal Index
HomeHome   BoardBoard   AZH GearAZH Gear  FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch
MemberlistMembers  ArticlesArticles  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  LinksLinks      RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Red Rock National Conservation Area

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Out of State Hikes Email to a Friend
  View previous topic :: View next topic  
IGO

PostPosted: 9/26/2007, 8:54 pm    Post subject: Red Rock National Conservation Area Reply to topic Reply with quote

"Red Rocks"
So serious lately and not enough trail talk from me. I think I'll turn it around a little bit. Here goes!
We've got Mt Charleston and we've got Lake Mead. We've also got Red Rocks but you hardly ever hear me say anything about that because I just don' t hardly go. Funny, it's probably the #1 hiking distination for Las Vegas Valley hikers but the trailheads are usually so packed that I became disenchanted right when I first moved here. Shame. It is a truly beautiful and diversified place. I decided to take a walk in there last Sunday. I think maybe I should reach a little farther into this place. This probably has a huge amount to offer after the crouds thin out.
I took a couple pictures on the Pine Creek and Calico Tank trails Sunday. Just a half dozen pictures but very interesting.Take a look.
http://www.arizonahikers.com/forum/modules.php?set_albumName=albvm32&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Davis2001R6

PostPosted: 9/26/2007, 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I wish I had taken up hiking when I lived in Vegas. I did the 12 mile loop or whatever that road is through Red Rock at least a dozen times on my Motorcycle. Although I can't admit to seeing anything on a few of those...think zoom zoom.

Nice pictures, any camping back there I wonder?
IGO

PostPosted: 9/26/2007, 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's all wilderness backpacking above 5000 but it's all off route and a maze for picking your way through. As much of a zoo as it is at the bottom I hear there is great scenic solitude up higher. It's just a different kind of route finding so I'm having to look harder at how to get around in here.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
Matt Hoffman

PostPosted: 9/26/2007, 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The rock climbing there is awesome!
mmacmike

PostPosted: 10/11/2007, 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Cool Photos. I love Red Rock Canyon. It is crowded at the base but hike in on any of the trails and you'll find that the crowds thin out. Most the people don't hike more that a mile from the parking lots. The place also has some of the best rock climbing in the area. Goto my website to see some cool photos of Red Rock.

www.michaelmalandra.com
IGO

PostPosted: 10/11/2007, 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I walked/scrambled in behind Bridge Mountain last Sunday for a 13 mile bone cruncher. It does shoot well but it's just too small.
"Surely all God's people, however serious or savage, great or small, like to play. Whales and elephants, dancing, humming gnats, and invisibly small mischievous microbes - all are warm with divine radium and must have lots of fun in them." John Muir
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ArizonaHikers - Community Based Hiking Discussion Board Forum Index -> Out of State Hikes All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: